IX

Chapter 09;
Ice Cream Girl

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

"Hey!" Yeonjun yelled from behind them. Neither of the two even pretended to hear him as Beomgyu leaned into Taehyun, linking their arms together. Letting it happen, Taehyun continued leading them through the parking lot.

  Eagerly, Beomgyu exclaimed, "first stop: the store!" Remembering his previous promise, Taehyun sighed and nodded. The two of them stayed silent most of the time, listening as people chatted around them, and leaves rustled above them.

  The walk to town from the school building wasn't very far at all. That was the main reason why Taehyun actually enjoyed going into town. His house was practically in the middle of the two areas and took an equal amount of time getting to both.

  "That's your house!" Beomgyu pointed to the medium-sized home at their left. Raising an eyebrow, Taehyun nodded, "yeah, it is." He was confused as to why the other was speaking so excitedly. It made him wonder whether or not he should buy him anything with sugar in it.

  Grinning, Beomgyu let go of Taehyun's arm and ran up to the house, "when can I meet my future parents-in-law?" Taehyun rolled his eyes, reaching out to grab Beomgyu as he dragged him away from the home.

  With a solemn tone, he spoke, "I don't think my parents would want you as their daughter-in-law." For multiple reasons, Beomgyu's smile stiffened. He stopped walking despite Taehyun's pull and pouted, "I don't even know how to respond to that."

  Taehyun nodded heartlessly, "then, don't." As the two began walking again, Beomgyu started complaining, "I am a boy- a man! I will not tolerate you calling me your parents future- wait..." The boy began to chuckle lowly, nudging Taehyun's side.

  The blonde turned toward him with a concerned look, asking, "what?" Beomgyu smiled, linking his arm with Taehyun's again, "you never said you wouldn't want me being their daughter-in-law." Scoffing, Taehyun pushed the boy away, "I don't want you being their daughter-in-law."

  "But you want me as their son-in-law, right?" Beomgyu sped up so that he could walk backward in front of the younger boy. Taehyun looked at him with a vexed expression, not wanting to say anything. This boy is so persistent. "So, you doooo?" Beomgyu's eyes lit up as he laughed.

  Taehyun shook his head, "we're not getting married-"

  "What do you think? Kang Beomgyu or Choi Taehyun? I think Choi Taehyun has a better ring to it~" Beomgyu interrupted him, bouncing with satisfaction while he turned around again as to not run into anything. Sighing, Taehyun asserted, "I'm not taking your surname."

  The two began to jokingly banter back-and-forth about which surname they would choose. This went on for over five minutes as they discussed the formalities of getting married. At one point, Taehyun finally opposed, "how about we just don't get married?"

  The dark-haired boy's eyes widened, asking, "we were going to get married?" With a furrow in his eyebrows, Taehyun waved his hands in front of him, "no, don't- don't put words in my mouth." Snickering, Beomgyu pretended to lock his mouth shut and hand Taehyun the key.

  Then, Taehyun threw the key as far as he could, watching Beomgyu gasp. They finally reached the edge of town, listening as the sound of cars and people talking got closer. Taehyun led them into the nearest convenience store and walked straight to the candy aisle.

  He grabbed a KitKat bar off of the shelf and went to pay when he noticed Beomgyu wasn't near him. Peering around the store, he finally found the dark-haired vampire standing in front of a mirror. Sneaking up behind him as he was turned away from the mirror, Taehyun asked quietly, "I thought vampires didn't have a reflection."