XIII

Chapter 13;
A Happy Ending

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

  It had been over an hour since they escaped from that witch's house. After resting for a little bit, the boys were able to regain their energy and travel further into the forest. When they got to a certain point, Yeonjun claimed that he knew where they were.

  As he had always run through that forest and hunted when he felt like it, he was very familiar with the scenery. They reached the small river that they had been trying to find and followed it until they met the bridge that crossed to the other side.

  Halfway through the forest, they had heard rustling in the distance. Taehyun and Kai didn't hear it, but they saw the faces of the other boys. Instinctively, the five boys stopped, signaling to each other to stay quiet. The noises kept shifting closer and closer. A voice yelled out, "Kai!"

  Frozen for a moment, the heightened hearing of the three caused them to glance at each other. Yeonjun looked back, "I think it's your mom." With widened eyes, Kai started running forward. The rest followed him, watching out for him so he didn't stumble over.

  The voice got closer, "Kai?!" It was obvious that she could hear the five boys sprinting through the forest. The younger boy attempted to keep his arm still, but it was difficult in such a situation. "Mom, we're here!" He yelled back, trying to maneuver through tree branches and over logs.

    Suddenly, a woman came into view, rushing toward the brunette boy. It was definitely his mom. Her physical state looked exhausted - almost to the point of overexertion. She hurried to bring him into a hug. Kai winced, trying to reposition his arm.

  She noticed the jacket wrapped around his arm and then looked at the other boys. One of them was covered in blood, another had various marks on his neck, and the other two seemed paler than usual. Though, they were vampires so it could've just been the illumination of the moon on their skin.

  "Are you boys okay?" She quickly asked, gently lifting Kai's arm, wanting to examine the wound. Biting down on her lip, she leaned her head against Kai's chest, "I tried to come sooner, but I wasn't able to leave the house. She had locked me in and your father wasn't home."

  Soobin looked around oddly, whispering to Beomgyu, "do you think my parents looked for us?" With a scoff, Beomgyu shook his head, "they probably think we're still out looking for the witch."

  The youngest in the group assured her, "we're all okay. There were a few, minor casualties, but we're all alive and doing- doing well." With a slight sniffle, she broke away from the hug and brushed a strand of hair out of her son's face.

  "Okay, let's get you all back to my home so I can fix you up," she nodded, linking her arm with Kai's unharmed one and leading them in the right direction. Unarguably, the boys all followed.

  It took them another hour just to get to Kai's house - probably less. The majority of them weren't sure what time it was or where they were half of the time. Only Yeonjun and Kai's mom had an idea of where they were heading.

  When they walked through the suburban neighborhood, likely appearing as if they were a group of serial killers, they finally arrived at her house. At one point, Taehyun swore he heard someone shout that it wasn't Halloween anymore.

  "Who here is injured?" Kai's mom asked, pointing to the couch for them to sit down. The only ones who truly got hurt were Taehyun and Kai. So, the two boys heavily sat down, gratified in such a comfortable setting.

  She walked away for a moment to grab her things. The other three sat down in the dining room. Yeonjun had his head down on the surface of the table, laying atop his arms. Soobin and Beomgyu were both looking at the two youngest boys.