V

Chapter 05;
Blood Bags

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

"Do you know what curse she put on me?" Taehyun asked the boy in front of him, examining his royal blue hands. With how his state of vision had been, he almost forgot what color his shirt was.

Shaking his head, Beomgyu stood up and stepped closer to him, "we haven't figured it out exactly, but we do have a lead- actually, now we have two leads." The blonde tightened his eyebrows, "what are they?"

The older boy bent down in front of Taehyun, reaching out to grab at his shirt. Startled, Taehyun instinctively slapped his hand away. As he rolled his eyes, Beomgyu reached out again, successfully grabbing Taehyun's shirt and lifting it over his head.

"Come here," Beomgyu stood up straight, throwing the shirt on the couch and taking Taehyun's hand. "Wh- at are you doing?" Taehyun stammered but let the other lead him anyway. After stopping in front of a mirror in the bathroom, Beomgyu stated, "the witch left some sort of tattoo on your back."

Immediately, Taehyun objected, "I know for a fact that I haven't seen anything on my back." With a sarcastic snort, Beomgyu turned him around and forced him to look in the mirror, "you couldn't see it with your average human eyes, but now you can."

As Beomgyu had stated, there was actually a large tattoo on his back. It was full of intricate symbols and patterns. The whole of it seemed to illustrate something both demonic and mystical. At some points, it looked like a dreamcatcher and at others, a tree. But, for an unknown reason, Taehyun knew it was neither of those.

It was gleaming with a bright golden glow etched into it. Of course, he hadn't seen it before. If he had, it probably would've burned holes into his, as Beomgyu previously described, 'average human eyes'.

He reached behind him and gently brushed over the design with the pads of his fingers. Although it looked as if it were burned into his skin, he didn't feel anything at all. It was as if it wasn't even there.

"Why are my eyes like this? They weren't before," Taehyun asked, letting his arms naturally cross over his chest - partially to cover himself in front of the usually-taunting, older boy.

Humming as if he knew the exact answer to that, Beomgyu smiled, "in order to know what type of witch did this to you, Sooyeon injected her blood into your arm. That caused your eyes to become how they are. Don't worry, it'll probably wear off within twenty-four hours!"

Many questions muddled Taehyun's mind. Organizing his thoughts, he decided to ask them one at a time. "So- so that woman's blood is in my system? I'm not going to turn into a vampire, right?" He asked tentatively.

Beomgyu sighed, "well, that is one of the downsides-"

"Choi Beomgyu!" Taehyun snapped, quickly looking at his arm where the needle was driven into him. With an abrupt 'pfft' and a series of laughter following afterward, Beomgyu shook his head, "I'm just kidding! I'm just- wow, you're naive!"

Scoffing, Taehyun defended himself, "you're the vampire here and I'm only a human. Do you seriously expect me to know the physiology of a vampire or how it turns a human into one?"

"You know what, I'm going to ignore you calling a vampire 'it', for now, in the defense of you being genuinely clueless," Beomgyu pointed out, walking back into the living room of his dark and worn cabin-home.

The blonde followed, picking up his shirt and pulling it back on. "Vampirism isn't caused by injecting vampire blood into a human. All the blood will do is bring about any effects of witchcraft. It would be practically useless to jab that needle into you if you weren't cursed."