XI.V

Chapter 11.5;
Werewolf Blood

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

Slowly, Soobin's mind began to tune into the sounds around him. He felt a hand gripping the back of his neck before letting go, his body coming into contact with something solid. Then, his wrists were bound with something metal. Opening his eyes, he felt around him.

A loud crash sounded from behind him, prompting him to turn around. For an unknown reason, he felt dizzy. It was as if he couldn't remember anything that had just happened. With blurred-over vision, his eyes wandered around the room he was in.

The area was dark and cold, though he didn't necessarily mind the dull, chilling air. Like switching on a light, he used his eyes to observe his surroundings. It was a room built with stone, but there were markings around it.

As he studied the markings, he realized what they were. Drawn across the ceiling and walls of the enclosed space, there was an enchantment that didn't allow anyone with supernatural blood to leave. That was when he remembered how he got there.

When he glanced to his right, he was startled. Laying against the wall was a familiar, overgrown puppy. His head was hung low and his neon hair fell messily over his closed eyes. Further past him was the youthful boy from his animal biology class, Kai.

Inside of Soobin's mind, there was conflict. He was debating whether or not he should speak up. Knowing that the witch was probably somewhere nearby, he glanced around quickly and whispered, "Yeonjun."

With no response, Soobin pushed his body forward so he could kick the boy's leg. Thankfully, he was tall and his legs were fairly long. Quickly, he kicked the other's thigh a few times, whispering again, "Choi Yeonjun..."

At such an informal way of speaking, Yeonjun's eyes opened. He looked to his left and saw the raven-haired boy in a sprawled-out position, poking him with the tips of his toes. Grimacing, he pushed the feet away and looked around, suddenly feeling lightheaded.

Closing his eyes and holding his head in his hands, Yeonjun felt restraints around his wrists. The chains clanked together when he held his hands up. Confused, he looked around, easily able to see in the dark.

"This is...?" He prolonged, staring at all of the odd symbols painted in, what-looked-like, blood. All at once, he understood what was happening. He looked to his right and saw his beautiful, slightly naive friend. His long hair was covering his face.

Sitting up straight, Yeonjun, once again, felt vertiginous. Soobin told him, "the herbs that Kai's mom gave to us are more useful on witches than other creatures, but because of your heightened sense of smell, it's probably taking a toll on you, huh?"

Glaring at him, he snapped, "oh, you think?" Soobin rolled his eyes, trying to cross his arms but realizing he wasn't able to. He bit down on his tongue and started contemplating. The thoughts in his mind all blended together as he thought of a plan.

Then, he thought of Beomgyu. He couldn't get the image of that witch hurting him out of his mind. And it was all because he was being defensive toward that stupidly shallow blonde. Sighing frustratedly, he crossed his legs underneath him.

"Beomgyu is probably with Taehyun," he mumbled under his breath, "the witch is probably thinking of making him kill Taehyun just for her own amusement..." As his mind scrolled through a million thoughts per second, his eyes lit up, "this enchantment can be broken."

Yeonjun looked over at him, "the drawings on the wall?" The raven-haired boy nodded quickly, pointing toward the ceiling, "if we can disrupt it using enough of Kai's blood, we'll be able to get out."