IV

Chapter 04;
An Explanation

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

Hushed whispering echoed throughout a cold space. Lights began to dance across Taehyun's closed eyes as a herbal aroma filled his body. With a dry throat and tightly-shut eyes, he forced out, "where am I...?"

His voice was worse than he expected; barely even comprehensible from how strained it was. Everything went silent. It felt like his ears were plugged with water as he listened to someone start rambling.

Flimsily lifting his hand, he touched his head, pulling away after feeling some sort of perspiration. He presumed it was sweat, but with the situation he was in, he wouldn't be surprised if it was something else.

"..hyun, can you... me?" Someone spoke, this time with coherent words. Taehyun groaned, trying to sit up, but he felt someone gently push him back down. Opening his eyes, he looked around. Although it was blurry, he could make out a few shapes.

Weakly, he reached out to the person next to him, "mom, that's you?" He sounded hoarse, coughing once again. Attempting to sit up, the person beside him spoke, "lay down, please."

Humming, Taehyun closed his eyes again. Suddenly, he felt a surge of pain pulse through his left arm. He grimaced, wanting to bang his head against the hard surface beneath him. A hand hesitantly grabbed onto his right one, squeezing lightly.

Something was wrapped around his left arm, constricting his elbow from bending. For some reason, his discomfort felt as if it were soothed. Then, a thin needle-like item stabbed into his right forearm, causing him to vocally express as a response to the sting.

Disregarding the previous orders, Taehyun sat up again, but this time, he wasn't forced back down. When he opened his eyes, he felt as if he were high. Everything he saw was a mixture of either blue or gold.

The colors swirled around in his vision and he most likely looked strange from how he was reacting. Looking to his right, he saw a familiar face with a mop of dark brown hair on his head - but instead of dark brown, it was a royal blue.

Strangely, he noticed something different about him. Unable to tell if it was this odd vision or real life, Taehyun looked into Beomgyu's eyes and saw gold surging through them, almost as if they were two, deep voids of pure fire.

He had to balance himself against the older boy as he stood up, blinking rapidly, "what's going on, Beomgyu?" His tone was harsher than he intended, but the other didn't seem to mind. Sighing, Beomgyu set his hands on Taehyun's, "just relax."

Tearing his hands out from underneath the older boy's, Taehyun snapped, "just relax?!" Seeming to slightly flinch from that, Beomgyu anxiously bit down on his bottom lip. Trying to blink away the abnormality of the situation, Taehyun eventually gave up.

He covered his eyes with one hand and gripped the table with his other, trying to steady himself. Although he wasn't necessarily the type to complain or bawl his eyes out, he had felt remarkably stressed over the prior week.

Beomgyu was about to say something as Taehyun started laughing. The broken sound immediately made Beomgyu freeze. Taking a minute for himself, Taehyun felt his eyes start to sting, but no tears fell.

Finally, he dropped his hand and shook his head with an imminent smile. "Taehyun," an unfamiliar voice spoke from behind him. He slowly turned around, noticing a tall, strikingly beautiful woman.

She was older, looking as if she were in her early thirties, but if she was who he assumed she was, she ought to be much older. Her hair was short, barely reaching her shoulders, and clearly straightened. Her eyes were fierce, but only because she seemed to be glaring at the blonde.