VIII.V

Chapter 08.5;
Sunglasses

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

The four boys sat still on the grass, trying to come up with a plan to find a witch. They had been constructing this plan for less than fifteen minutes when Beomgyu groaned, complaining, "why are we talking about this for so long??"

Scoffing, Taehyun looked at him and snapped, "it's only been twenty-something minutes since school ended. My life could potentially be on the line here if we don't come up with a decent method of finding a witch."

Beomgyu crossed his arms in a sulking manner and looked away silently. The blonde breathed deeply, calming himself down, before smiling, "if you can come up with a strategy right now, I will buy you a KitKat."

"Can you give me a kiss instead?" Beomgyu grinned, trying to put on an innocent face as his eyes glimmered. Cringing at the dull attempt, Taehyun hurriedly shook his head, "KitKat or nothing."

With a pout, Beomgyu rolled his eyes and said, "we can split up into pairs; two of us can go downtown by the beach and the other two can stay around this area. We all wear sunglasses and nobody will be able to tell!"

After contemplating for a few minutes and trying to reconstruct it a little, Taehyun concluded it was a good approach so he rewarded Beomgyu by ruffling the boy's dark hair. With closed eyes and a tight-lipped smile, Beomgyu leaned into his touch.

From beside them, someone coughed. It was Soobin who was staring at the two grudgingly. The neon-haired boy next to him was beaming in awe, his two hands pressed against his cheeks as he grinned.

Then, Soobin spoke up, "okay, great! Beomgyu and I will take the beach and you two can stay around here since Taehyun doesn't possess the same physical abilities as the rest of us." Immediately, Beomgyu shook his head, opposing, "I'm staying with Taehyun here. As his beloved... something, I don't know- I'm staying with him."

The raven-haired boy glared at him, gesturing strangely to his left. As Beomgyu watched the boy twitch and turn, he rolled his eyes, "then, it's settled! Taehyun and I will look around here while you two go downtown!"

Taehyun stayed silent, soundlessly approving the partner selection. He would've been fine with either Yeonjun or Beomgyu - he just didn't want to go with Soobin. Not that he didn't like the boy, he simply felt awkward with him.

Neither of the two boys in front of Taehyun looked happy. They were facing away from each other as one fidgeted with their hair and the other with the grass. The blonde snorted, standing up and brushing off his jeans, "we'll meet back up here when it turns midnight. If you find someone, just message one of us."

When Yeonjun was about to argue, Beomgyu followed Taehyun and the two walked toward the parking lot. "Hey!" Yeonjun yelled after them, standing up and glowering. Neither of the two even pretended to hear him as Beomgyu linked their arms.

Kicking a small rock, Yeonjun huffed, wanting to sit back down and remain there. The boy beside him scoffed, stepping toward him so he was standing in front of the older boy. "Let's go," he demanded lightly. Yeonjun rolled his eyes and glanced to the side, avoiding eye-contact.

"Sorry, do you need me to bark at you again?" Soobin questioned sarcastically. The neon-haired boy turned toward him with a bitter expression. He shook his head and started walking toward the forest.

After a moment of standing alone in disbelief, Soobin spun around and jogged after Yeonjun. When he caught up, he asked, "why do you have such a big problem with me?" Receiving no response, he wondered, "was it because I broke that keychain?"