SPECIAL CHAPTER I

Special Chapter 1/3;
Merry Christmas

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

It had been less than two months since Taehyun had first met Beomgyu. Many events had occurred since then - one of them being getting captured and held hostage for nearly a week. After that incident, Beomgyu and Soobin ended up sitting with the others every day for lunch. In general, the five of them had become relatively close.

Everyone at school was confused as to why they were gone for so long, but, somehow, Kai was able to convince his mother to trick the principal into thinking they were never gone. Still, the students often cast glances toward them while whispering.

Both Kai and Taehyun didn't go to school the day after getting home. Because of their injuries, they stayed home and rested throughout the day. Although Kai's wound wasn't visible, Taehyun's was and caused many people to stare.

Christmas was arriving soon and Beomgyu had accompanied Taehyun home from school on their first day of winter break. "What are your plans for Christmas?" Beomgyu asked, nudging the boy's side. Taehyun side-eyed him, clicking his tongue, "do you guys even celebrate as vampires?"

The dark-haired boy frowned, crossing his arms, "of course we do. I was a human once before and Soobin's parents felt bad after they took me in so they made Christmas a tradition." Humming, Taehyun kicked a pebble in front of him, thinking about the fact that Beomgyu was once human.

Beomgyu furrowed his eyebrows, "you didn't answer my question." Glancing at him, Taehyun shrugged, "Christmas isn't really a thing at my house. My parents are there in the morning to give me money, but then they leave for work, so I usually spend it alone."

With a dramatic gasp, Beomgyu stopped the boy from moving, "you spend Christmas alone?!" Taehyun rolled his eyes, knowing what he was trying to do. He simply nodded, grabbing Beomgyu's hand and lowering it so he could continue walking.

"Spend it with us this year then! Sooyeon adores you so I'm sure she wouldn't mind," he giggled, holding onto Taehyun's hand as they slowly walked down the street. The blonde shook his head, "I'm fine being alone."

Groaning, Beomgyu swung their interlocked hands back-and-forth, arguing, "you can't spend such a holiday alone! Just come to our house. I'll tell Joonwoo to stop at the store and pick up some yummy food for you to eat while we play games!"

Taehyun turned abruptly, startling Beomgyu as the younger boy dragged him toward his house. He let go of his hand and turned the doorknob, stating, "I don't wanna intrude on your family time - I'll be okay. You should leave, I'm guessing my parents will be coming home today."

The older boy grabbed Taehyun's hand once again and turned him around, pouting. His eyes gleamed as he stared at the blonde, intertwining both of his hands with Taehyun's fingers while pleading, "pleeeease, you won't be intruding on anything! Please just stay for a little while so you aren't alone..."

Poking a tongue into his inner cheek, Taehyun rolled his eyes and gave in. He gently pushed the other away and nodded, "fine, I'll come over for a little bit. Now, get going." Motioning for the boy to go, Taehyun watched as he grinned and cheered.

"I'll come pick you up on the 25th!" He clapped his hands, immaturely running away. Taehyun scoffed, closing the door with a slight smile tugging at his lips.

On Christmas day, Taehyun woke up with a groan. He glanced out the window at the frail blanket of snow that had fallen onto the ground the night before. Suddenly, he remembered what day it was. Beomgyu surprisingly hadn't come to his house over the past few days.