XI

Chapter 11;
Witch-Hunt

|~[𝖙.𝖙]~|

The atmosphere in his house was suffocating. Even without directly seeing his parents, he could feel the tension as it traveled through the air. Once he was dressed and ready for school, he reluctantly went downstairs.

Deciding to be confident, he walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. Beside him, he heard a cough. Grabbing out a cup of yogurt and shutting the door of the refrigerator, Taehyun looked to his side.

With an expression of disappointment among many other emotions, his parents were staring at him. For some reason, Taehyun was unaffected by this. Although they were his parents, they were never truly around to take care of him. All they did was pay the bills and provide him with necessities.

There was practically no actual bond between them. They shared zero connection with each other. Glowering, his father spoke, "you understand what just happened was wrong for many reasons, right?"

A slight smile appeared on Taehyun's face as he listened to him continue, "for starters, there was another boy sleeping with you in your bed." Biting down on his lip, Taehyun averted his eyes. "And the fact that that boy happened to be a vampire."

"So, now you don't mind saying it?" Taehyun asked, crossing his arms in front of him. Confused, his father questioned, "what do you mean?" The blonde narrowed his eyes, coldly stating, "you left me alone to go on 'hunts' my whole life. Now that I am truly close with someone who happens to be a vampire, you're going to scold me?"

Standing up, his father asserted, "don't act so recklessly, son." Taehyun's body shivered at that last word. He took one last look at his parents, hoping his mother would back him up. She stared down at the counter with a conflicted expression.

Taehyun nodded, "thank you for the advice, dad." His tone was dripping with sarcasm and after that, he left the house. His body felt stiff and uneasy, but his mind was relieved. He didn't want to argue with someone whose mind was so fixed. There was no way he could win when speaking to a close-minded person.

Without realizing, he had already arrived at Kai's house. Waiting for the boy to come out, he pondered over the event that had happened earlier. He was worried that Beomgyu was seriously injured.

"Taehyun, don't be so concerned, my mom and I found a way to track the witch who cursed you!" Kai suddenly spoke excitedly. The blonde had to process what he just said for a moment. "You really found a method?" He asked, walking beside the younger boy.

He nodded, humming enthusiastically, "it involves using your body, though." Grimacing, Taehyun looked at the other weirdly. Kai instantly covered his mouth, "don't think so dirty! How could the witch choose someone like you as pure??"

Rolling his eyes, Taehyun followed Kai to school as he listened to the other's plan. The younger boy had told him that his mother explained more when they left. He said he found out a lot about his ancestors and witchcraft.

When they arrived at the building, Taehyun's eyes darted around, trying to find the dark-haired boy. Gulping nervously, he continued to scan the area but couldn't find him.

Unexpectedly, someone had hugged him from behind. He jumped in shock with a blank mind before realizing who it was. Swiftly, he turned around and hugged the person.

When he pulled away, he saw as Beomgyu's mouth parted open in surprise. Taehyun grabbed at the hem of the boy's shirt, checking his chest. "Don't worry... Your dad has really bad aim," Beomgyu chuckled, patting his chest gently.