Part 67

Vanessa POV*

It's been 15 days since Val was born, she's breathing on her own now, and I'm still in this stupid hospital bed. I had more bleeding so now I'm here longer than my daughter was and they said I could leave in two days if there's no more bleeding. I wake up around 7 and I hear the baby fussing, I try to pick her up but it hurts to much. "I got her" Hailey says walking in with Ry. " Aunt Nessa" Ry says trying to jump on my bed. "stop Ry Aunt Nessa needs to rest" she says. "Where's Kev" she asks. "he went to get me some food and get the car seat" I say. "Hey I got you that breakfast sandwich you like and the out fit you wanted her to wear" Kevin says walking in the room. "where's the baby" he say. "babe look whos here" I say. "Oh Hailey stole our daughter" he say walk over to Hailey and taking the baby to get changed. Once puts the baby in her outfit hands her to me. "Hey Ry you wanna meet your cousin" I say as he shakes his head. Hailey lifts him up on the bed and I hand her over to Ry but still holding her head with my hand. "this is Val" I say. "hi Val I'm your cousin" Ryder says. After Hailey gets her picture it's time for Val to leave. "Alright say bye to mama" Kev says moving Val's hand to wave bye. "Bye Val, I love you" I say as I kiss her head. "Bye I love you and I'll call you later" Kevin says giving me a kiss. "Love you too, bye and don't for get to walk Blu" I say kissing him back. "Oh Kim and Adam have Blu at his place they said they keep him for as long as you need" Hailey says.

"how does it feel" Hailey asks after they leave. "terrible, I want to go with them but I can't because some stupid drunk driver" I say falling back against the pillow. "you have to get better before you can go home" Hailey says. "I can't even hold her without help, when Kevin goes back to work, what am I supposed to do. Someone has to pay the bills my car just got totaled and I don't have the guts to tell Kev that my insurance it's even that good. Never mind I'm sorry I just need to rant for a second. what's going on with you" I say looking at Hailey. She can tell that I don't want to talk about it anymore so she answers my question. "I'm good just got some good but surprising news" she says. "what is it" I say eager to know more. "I can't tell you until I tell Jay" she says back. We talk for another hour, but I start feeling tired. "I can see that your tired so I'm going to go, say bye Ry" Hailey says. "Bye Ry see you later little man" I say as we hug and then they leave.

Hailey POV*

We walk out of the room and walk past the nurses station when I see someone familiar. "Mom?" I say holding Ry's hand behind me. "Hailey sweetie what are you doing here are you" she says. "No, no just visiting a friend. why are you here" I ask her. "You father was in a car accident he's died yesterday Hailey and I came to see all the people hit" she say as I step back. "Dad hit Vanessa" I say under my breath. "who" she asks. "they told me that your father hit a pregnant women so I came to say I'm sorry" she says. "Well that pregnant woman is my friends and her baby just went home today but she couldn't, don't talk to her" I say stepping in front of her but also showing Ry. "Who is this cutie" she ask as I pick up Ry. "The is my son and mom don't go in there she needs space and she's tired you'll just make things worst" I say walking away.

When I get home after going to the store, its close to five so I fix dinner with the things I bought. "Hailey" Jay calls as he walks to the kitchen. "Your really chopping up those carrots" he says washing his hands to help. "Guess who I saw at the hospital today, my mom she was there telling the people my dad hit the she was sorry. My dad was the drunk driver that hit Vanessa who is now dead. How am I supposed to tell her, she swimming in hospital bills and they need so much stuff with the baby. I don't want to say it at the wrong time. dammit" I say as I cut myself with the knife. Jay grabs me a towel and sits me down on the stool. "Hailey slow down" he says while holding me. I hear tiny foot step, I look with my tear shed eyes at Ry then up at Jay. "is mommy okay" he says. "yeah buddy mommy's fine just a little upset, can you draw her a picture" Jay says as Ry walks back to his room. "thank you" I tell him. We get up and he washes my cut under the sink. I pull back as soon as the water touches it, then Jay wraps it. "You should tell Vanessa but when she's stronger and give her time to adjust to the newborn life before you throw this on her plate." Jay says. "You want a beer" he ask as he takes one out for himself. "no I can't" I say as he looks back with a confused face.

Hope y'all like this chapter.

-Cici