Part 65

Hailey POV*

After Natalie leaves we all head back to the district. "We caught everybody good work, you all can go home for the day." Voight says walking into his office. "I'm going to head over to Kev's and Vanessa grab them somethings" I say shutting down my computer. "Yeah I'll help too" Kim says. I look at Jay, "I'll get Ry, you go"  Jay says. as Kim and I walk down to her car. 

We get to the house and we both start tearing up. "I'll get Kev some clothes" Kim says walking up the stairs. I start laughing out of no where. "What?" Kim says walking to where I am. " Vanessa she left the car seat" I say as Kim joins in laughing too. " I remember one time, I went to her house to pick her up and half way trough the drive she tells me that she forgot her gun" Kim says as our laughs turn into cry's. We hug each other until the tears stop. We both part ways as Kim is getting Kevin some clothes while I pack for the baby and Vanessa. we pack their bags and head down stairs. "I was thinking maybe I should drive Kev's car and put the car seat in that his car." I say reaching for the cars keys. "Yeah lets do that" Kim says getting into her car while I get into Kev's.

Jay POV*

"Hey buddy" I say picking up Ry and walking out of the preschool. "Park, park" he says as we drive home. "okay bud". we g et home and I drop his stuff inside we get back in the car and drive to the park.  I sit down in my usual spot. and watch Ry play on the little kids play ground. "Hey stranger" I hear a women say. "oh hi Grace" I say. "What's with the sad face" she asks. "nothing I proposed and she said yes" I say. " that great, I need details how when and where" she says. " I did it in the apartment, on Christmas day, and by the Christmas tree." I say. It's 5pm when I get the text that Kevin woke up. "everything Okay" Grace says. "Yeah it's just my brother our friend is in the hospital he just woke up I gotta go but I'll see you next time" I say getting up to get so we can leave. I text the team and let them know what's going on. I get back to the house where Hailey is, "Hey I did you get my text" I say. "Yeah Will texted us too, he told Kevin about Vanessa" she says taking Ry's hand as they walk to his room. " can you make dinner tonight" she asks. "Yeah I got it" I say taking the broccoli and the hot dogs. When she comes back out Ry is dressed in his Pajamas, I set his plate down on the table. Once he finishes I put him to bed while Hailey grabs us some beers from the fridge. I sit down on the couch with her as we watch the  9pm game.

Kevin POV*

  Once I'm discharged I grab both bags and the car seat and walk to the truck. I put my bag in the car and walk back inside to sit in the waiting area with Vanessa's bag and the car seat. I fell asleep again because I was woke up by a Maggie at 11: 25 that told me Vanessa was being moved to the Maternity floor. I walk up to her room and just stand in the door way.  I couldn't move or do anything, all I could do was look at her lifeless body. I finally regain feeling in my body I walk over to her bed and hold her hand. " Vanessa if you can here me. I love you and our baby. you have to fight cause I can't do this alone." I say as the beeping gets louder. As I hold her hand and look down to see a little pool of blood on the floor. As I get up to find a nurse the monitor start beeping louder that normal. A bunch of nurses a long with Natalie and the on call OB come running in. " Natalie what's going on what wrong" I say as I move to give them some space. " Placental abruption, the baby's in distress, it's not breathing so we are taking her to the OR for an emergency C-section" she say walking out the room. It's after midnight when someone comes by with news. "Kevin" Natalie says.

Hope y'all like this chapter. Thanks.

- Cici