10|chapter 10

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝗧𝘄𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳

"𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The night that was yet to be over officially began in Katerina's suite, with Jack, and a fresh white page of his sketchbook.

The two didn't know how they came to the conclusion of a portrait, but they both didn't care. It was of mutual interest, and a joyous thing they both wanted to do.

"What do you want me to draw?" Jack asked as he settled down in an armchair, shifting around uneasily as his ragged dirty clothing brushed up against the soft plush of the pillows.

"Something...special." Katerina paced around the room, finally making up her mind and sitting on the trunk stood at the end of her bed. "Something that will make me remember this night forever." She nodded at her final statement, looking back at Jack who had his pencil on the page already.

"Something special. Got it." Jack nodded promptly, cocking his head as his pencil moved side to side. Katerina let out a soft sigh and looked out to the balcony, watching as the clouds rolled by. The sun was beginning to set now, the vicious, vibrant strikes of colour fading to a soft pastel orange and yellow.

Her head slowly fell to the wardrobe room, a medium sized mint green rectangle sitting in the middle of a shelf caught her eye. She slowly got up from her seat, walking over to the safe before letting out a scoff.

"I thought I knew what this was," she shook her head in disbelief, starting to turn the clicker around and around. "Cal insists on lugging this thing everywhere." She murmured, feeling Jack's presence behind her.

The door of the safe suddenly clicked louder than the combination clicks themselves and Katerina gently swung it open.

"Should we be expecting him any time soon?" Jack cleared his throat, sending shivers down Katerina's spine as she felt his hot breath hit the side of her neck, oblivious to how close he actually was to her.

"Not as long as the cigars and brandy hold out. Which, trust me, will be a while." She joked. A smile curled at her lips as she took out the black velvet box she knew of just a few days ago.

She glanced up, meeting Jack's eyes in the mirror that was standing tall behind the safe. With a small smile, she opened it, revealing nothing more but the heart of the ocean itself, the big blue diamond encrusted in the shape of a heart with small white crystals surrounding it.