02|chapter 2

⭒❃.✮:▹𝗦𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗸◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘴?𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

"𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘴?𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦."

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

The suite consisted of two bedrooms, a bath, a wardrobe room and a large sitting room followed by a private 50 foot promenade deck outside.

Katerina waltzed into the room and took the glass of Buck's fizz that a room service waiter had already prepared for her. She skimmed the room with her eyes as her mother walked into it, taking off her hat.

"This is the millionaire suite?" Katerina's mother asked with a frown, probably expecting something bigger. "Well mother, what else would we be doing in here?" Katerina threw on a fake smile making her mother frown.

"Tell me, waiter, is there a manners class taught on this ship? I might need to sign dear Katerina up." Katerina dug her nails into her palm as she pushed the instinct to roll her eyes to the back of her mind. She had found that she was digging her nails into her palms a little too much that there started to become small red crescent moons in the middle of her hands.

"Where should I put these miss?" Trudy's voice rang out causing Katerina to let her hands fall freely before turning to her maid. "Don't worry about it Trudy, I'll take those." Katerina's eyes gleamed with adoration and excitement as she saw her paintings she so dearly needed right now.

Having them close to her seemed to calm her down.

Trudy handed the paintings to Katerina one by one as Katerina slowly laid them down on couches and stood them against mantelpieces. "You can take the rest and put them in the wardrobe room please." She told Trudy who gave a simple nod before collecting the paintings that Katerina did not care for as much as the five before her.

Her eyes twinkled as she looked at the five paintings she cherished the most. There was a jumble of beautiful water lilies by a french painter named Monet, a few dancers in light blue tutus by another french painter named Degas, and a few other abstract works Katerina found inspiring from lost artists around the world. Mostly, the artists she had forgotten the name of.

"Those mud puddles were certainly a waste of money." Cal called out from the deck making Katerina shoot daggers into his back. "Well you're wrong." She stated before stepping backwards so that Trudy was beside her.

"It's fascinating, isn't it?" She murmured, briefly glancing at Trudy who nodded, "They are lovely." Trudy agreed making Katerina smile. "Like in dream..." Trudy whispered, this time Katerina was the one nodding in agreement. "See? Trudy gets it. It's like a truth without logic."