08|chapter 8

⭒❃.✮:▹𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗮 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘱𝘶𝘵, 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳

"𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘱𝘶𝘵, 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ- 

Ruth, Cal and Katerina walked along the deck with Mr Andrews as they stopped at the first class gym.

"The electric horse is very popular. We even have an electric camel." The man, Mr McCauley grinned as he flipped on a switch to the 'electric horse,' making the saddle rise up and fall continuously. Katerina arched an eyebrow in curiosity as she lay a hand on the saddle, never seeing anything like it.

"Care to try your hand at the rowing, m'am?" Mr McCauley asked, peeking down at Katerina who smiled up at him, about to agree to when Ruth cut in. "Don't be absurd. Katerina can't think of a skill she should likely need less." She scoffed making a frown settle on Katerina's features.

"I don't recall sharing my input on whether I want to try out the equipment or not, mother." Katerina huffed, sliding her hand away from the saddle and turning around to face Ruth.

"No matter! We're behind schedule nonetheless." Mr Andrews interrupted, stepping in between Katerina and her mother. "The next stop on our tour will be the bridge. This way, please." Andrews opened the gym door and led the three out of the room, smiling at Katerina as she walked past.

She gave a small nod of thanks as she passed, Cal's hand on the small of her back. Ever since Katerina had stopped meeting up with the third class passenger boy, Cal had been extremely chipper. He even asked less of Katerina and let Lovejoy take a rest in having to look over her every minute of every day.

Something seemed to have clicked in Katerina, and Cal didn't know whether it was him or someone else's doing. Regardless, he didn't get care. He was happy with his soon-to-be wife and he was happy with how everything worked out in the end. Besides, it wasn't long now until they arrived in New York.

Meanwhile, on the B deck near the third class general room, Jack and his two friends Fabrizio and Tommy stood side by side, watching as Jack climbed over the gate, separating 3rd from 2nd class.

They both scurried after him, Tommy was the first to speak up about Jack's daftness. "She's a goddess amongst mortal men, there's no denyin'. But she's in another world, Jackie, forget her." He tried to reason, only making Jack more determined. "She's closed the door." Tommy finished, sighing as he saw Jack's face, knowing he was not going to back down in trying to see her, even if it was only one more time.