07|chapter 7

⭒❃.✮:▹𝗔 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

As Katerina walked into the breakfast room, she sent a small smile to Trudy who was pouring tea into Cal's tea cup.

"Good morning." Katerina cleared her throat, making herself known as she sat down opposite her fiancée. Cal glanced up from the newspaper he was reading, slowly lowering it before meeting eyes with Katerina.

The silence he was giving Katerina was unbearable, she couldn't possibly think of anything she had done wrong.

Cal's eyes trailed towards Trudy, the maid, who was standing to one side, looking at the couple in confusion. Once she met Cal's gaze, she turned to Katerina and bowed, walking off inside the suite.

Cal picked up his tea cup, taking a sip before gazing at Katerina as he gulped down the hot liquid. "I had hope you would come to me last night." He said clearly enough for Katerina to hear.

She gulped, not knowing what to say. Her thoughts took her back to yesterday night, at the third class general room with Jack, dancing like there was no tomorrow. Yet, there was, and she was in it.

"I was tired," she mumbled instead of shouting that she didn't want to sleep with him at all as long as she lived. "Yes," Cal cleared his throat, putting the cup down onto the small China plate, "Your exertions below decks were no doubt exausting."

Katerina's eyes shot up from the croissant she was eyeing. How did he know about that?

Her palms began to sweat but she did not want Cal to see her vulnerable. Instead, she straightened up, pointing her chin at him before taking ahold of her tea cup. "I see you had that undertaker of a manservant follow me. Not surprising, surely. Lovejoy, was it?" Katerina inquired, taking a sip of her tea.

Cal's eyes narrowed as his fingers drummed on the table stiffly. "Don't try and make a joke about this Katerina, dear. You will never behave like that again. Do you understand?" He asked firmly, his jaw clenching when he said her name.

Katerina shook her head, dismissing Cal's threat. "I'm not some foreman in your mills that you can command. Yes I went to the third class general room and yes I admit I conversed with some of the passengers. I do not expect you to understand, but as your fiancee-"