Freya let out a dry cough. "My mate and I are thankful for the night."

The woman grew tense at the dominance in Freya's voice. "Y-yes... T-the Alpha is waiting for you outside," she stuttered as she opened the door for them.

Freya held Astra close as they got out together. If one thing can describe Freya, it was her protectiveness. She stood tall with Astra beside her as they faced the Alpha. The old man was accompanied with a young looking man and the woman from before scurried to his side.

"How was your night?" asked the Alpha politely.

"It was quite lovely, thank you," Astra chimed in.

That definitely wasn't the smartest decision as the Alpha' face changed slightly. Noticing the tiniest change, Freya protectively moved Astra slightly behind her. She shifted the attention at her.

"We are grateful for your help," Freya offered. "I do have to wonder how long are we allowed to stay here?"

"My men are pursuing your attacker and they won't stop until the threat has been eliminated," said the Alpha.

"My thank is not enough to express our gratitude towards your pack," said Freya. "My name is Freya and this is my mate, Astra."

"I suppose a late introduction is better than nothing. This is the Dark Plain pack. I am the Alpha, Ashbel," he introduced himself. "This is my son, Adam, and his sister, Kaya."

The young man, Adam, looked like a typical handsome well built guy with a short stubble beard, rich black hair, and electric blue eyes. Kaya on the other hand looked nothing like her brother. For starter she had a darker skin tone with soft black hair. Her clothing even far more humble than that her brother or father wore.

Kaya was the one who bent down till her knees touched the ground while Adam just slightly nodded his head out respect. Astra returned the courtesy. That left the Alpha in wait until the other outsider showed her respect. But Freya stood as tall as him with no indication of bowing.

This was something within Eli's calculation. Freya's alpha bloodline won't let her submit to anyone. They remained motionless for a few minutes until Astra tugged on Freya and reminded her their situation. With a concealed sigh, Freya returned the curtsy.

"I will let Adam show you around," said the Alpha before he left.

"Alright, ladies if you would please join me," the alpha's son called.

The two followed behind him as he showed every inch of their territory. Kaya stayed behind them and occasionally made eye contact with Astra whenever the girl looked around. Astra of course greeted her with a smile like a good person she was, but that gesture was enough to make Kaya frustrated.

"This is our last stop," announced Adam, "you're welcome to stay with us. If you're uncomfortable with us guys, you can stay in the same room as Kaya."

"Yes, we can be roommate. Do not worry my room is quite spacious," Kaya agreed.

Freya looked at Astra gesturing that she will go along her decision. "I think that will be wonderful," said Astra.

"Then if you excuse me, I'm going to ask the guys to arrange your room," excused Adam.

"Please don't hesitate to ask me or Adam if there's something you need," offered Kaya.

The two siblings then left Astra and Freya do their own business. Then they went to meet their father, the Alpha. He was busy scolding his attendant for he was unhappy of the newest report.

"Father," greeted Adam.

Ashbel dismissed his man and took a glance at the coming children.

"How are our new guests?" Ashbel asked.

Adam fixed his hair and said, "they are two lovely ladies as far as I can tell."

The father sighed. "This is why you easily got tricked by a woman. Kaya, your opinion?"

"Yes, Alpha. It seems that they are hiding something. There hasn't been any report of mates with same gender ever. If anything they are probably just a false alarm," explained the younger sibling.

"Mmm... Adam, listen carefully," Ashbel called out to his son. "That werewolf is a descendant of an Alpha there's no mistaking it. She must be living among humans for far too long for her to mistook her mate. It is possible for you to take that place. It's fine even if you're not mates, besides the Moon Goddess grants mates so we're able to reproduce."

"Don't worry father. You can leave it to me," said Adam confidently.

"For Adam to do that, we need to separate them. Kaya, that is your order," demanded Ashbel.

"I will, Alpha."

"Father, what about the situation with the intruder? Will we really let them go when we catch the vampire?" asked the older sibling.

The Alpha showed his frown. One thing or another, he didn't like this topic of conversation. "No. We keep the werewolf girl with us. As for the other girl, that's up to your skill," he said as he looked at Kaya. "The vampire seems to be a skilled one. It has been a day and yet they still chase her. But no need to worry, the warriors will finish their mission in time."