The Williams

It was the day before their vacation ended. The students of Hogwarts around the world were busy stuffing their trunks with their necessities. All except one girl. And that girl was poor Maybelle Wright.

She was just sitting inside her room, going through the things inside her own trunk. Little things that reminded her of her school. Like the frame of a broken mirror that she had taken as a souvenir from the chamber of secrets.

A broken glass quill. A dried purple flower, the one that she had collected from the forbidden forest in one of her journeys. She also had a worn out children's storybook that she somehow stole from Riddle.

Well, stealing was not exactly the correct word. More like she took it from his bag and he saw it but ignored it.

The memory brought a sad smile on her lips. She would miss that place. At first, she had thought of running away. But the night when Andrew came in all injured was still fresh in her memories.

She could not afford to just go away.

It was near the evening. The skies were getting darker. She decided to just make some tea for herself.

Andrew was doing well. His wounds were healing fast with the help of a few healers. He would soon be stable enough to go back to his job.

Andrew was very passionate about his tea collection. He was particular too. He absolutely hated when Maybelle drank tea without sugar and milk, even the ones that were supposed to be taken with sugar. He usually said that it was an insult to the tea Gods.

But Maybelle never cared. She liked the way the bitterness of the tea mixed with the heat burned her throat.

Before she could actually go and make the tea herself, Rolim entered her room. The girl had apologized to the small elf for her rude behaviour a few weeks ago. They were once again friends. Maybelle had simply accepted her father's decision saying herself that it was for the best.

"Miss Maybelle, master Andrew has called you to join them in the grand hall."

"Why?" She inquired.

"Guests are waiting for you. I will send in Edia for your assistance. Mistress had requested you to dress nicely," Rolim finished and bowed before disappearing with a snap of his fingers.

Maybelle stood in her place with a confused frown on her face. The female elf, Edia came in quietly. The little elf immediately started rummaging through her closet in search of an elegant dress.

Who could it be?

Edia took out a greyish green dress that was decorated all over with flowery lace. It had a sweetheart necklace which Maybelle dreaded.

The elf helped her to slip on the delicate dress. Maybelle faced the mirror to see her cleavage on full display.

"Um... Edia? I do not think it is appropriate to wear this-" she started to protest but got shushed by the elf.

"You are already sixteen Miss Maybelle. There is nothing to be shy about. You are beautiful."

Maybelle grumbled under her breath and thanked the gods because the dress at least had sleeves, even though they were short.

Edia proceeded to style her hair in a complicated knot. Few strands cascaded down her cheeks in loose curls. She didn't how the elf managed to make her boring straight hair appear so curly and voluminous.

"Now, let Edia make your cheeks look like peaches," Edia exclaimed.

"Wait, what?" She asked but it was too late. The elf dusted some dried rose extract on both her cheeks making her sneeze violently. Edia dabbed a wet brush on her lips which resulted her to swallow some of the pink colours. She sputtered for a few seconds before settling down and facing the mirror.