4

Ok maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this. I changed into my shorts and a plain white tee, but now my stomach hurts. I'm nervous. I mean he wouldn't not let me be assistant coach If I do bad.......right? Oh who am I kidding! He probably would just to spite me. Ughhh!
Ok ok it's fine. I'll get through it.......I think.

I walk out and find the whole team warming up and Ukai with a smug expression. Hinata runs up to me excited.

"So you're gonna play with us today? That'll be so fun! Can I be on your team? Please please please?"

"Yeah I'm sure that's fine."
He jumps up happy. He literally jumps higher than me basically. Man this kid can jump! No wonder I've heard so much about him. Ukai walks over and crosses his arms.

"Alright she", he gestures over to me,"is going to be playing tonight. I wanna see what skills she's got so don't go easy. Listen up and I'll tell you the teams. Kageyama, tsukishima, Asahi, Daichi, Yamaguchi, kinoshita. You guys go over there! Now noya, ennoshita, suga, hinata, tanaka, narita, and of course y/n on the other side! Let's get going!"

We walk over to our side and Tanaka let's out a loud "Let's do this!"
Hinata hops over, happy as ever. Noya slides over right in front of me, startling me a little bit. Suga lays a hand on my shoulder and squeezes.
"You seem a little nervous. Don't be, these guys are some of the best. We've got this in the bag!"
He lets out a smile and I can't help but smile along with him.

Each team takes turns serving and receiving spikes, so I can remember how to even play. Slowly the skills come back and soon I'm doing better each time I bump the ball. Ukai tells us to start so we head to our positions. I'm up to serve first.

"Good luck y/n. Let's see if you've got what it takes", Ukai says.
I look over at him and gulp. I've got this I've got this I've got this!
I take a step forward, throw up the ball, and hit with the right amount of power. It lands right on the side line. I breathe a sigh of relief.

Ukai immediately jumps up.
"Remember to always watch for the sides guys. It's hard to tell sometimes but if you don't know if it's out or in then just go for it anyways!"
They all nod and return to the game.
Tanaka hands me the ball with a grin.
"Give us another ace, y/n!"

I serve the ball and this time it flies toward daichi who bumps it to Kageyama with ease. Kageyama then sets it to Asahi who jumps high and omg he's tall! He's very tall.....and kinda scary. Just breathe! Focus!

He spikes the ball over near Noya who manages to get it at the last second. His arm immediately redden. That must've had a lot of power.
"Nice try asahi! But you are no match for the greatest libero in the world!"

The game continues on with each team gaining points one after the other. My teams in the lead by 2. Kageyama does a setter dump and I attempt to get it, but fail.
I'm a spiker up front right now, which was the best position I played long ago. The next serve is from Tsuki. Tanaka gets it easily and suga sets it to me. I hope I don't disappoint. I run up and jump, using my arm to find my target. I slam down the ball and watch as it goes right in between Tsukki and Daichi. They gape at me.
Tanaka pumps his fist in the air.
"YEAH NICE ONE!"

Ukai jumps up.
"Cmon guys you're slacking!." For a second I think he's actually being serious, but I look over and see a big smile on his face.
He walks over and takes off his jacket.
What is he doing?

"Alright move over kid. My turn."
He pulls one of the players out and smirks.
"Let me show you how it's done."

Sorry super short chapter today! Have a great day💖