13

I felt like I was staying farther away from Ukai. I'm not sure why I didn't want all the kids to know. Maybe I'm embarrassed. Oh I don't know. I just don't want to tell them yet. Plus they would definitely forget about focusing on practice and just focus on us.

Omg I totally forgot about Takeda too. I wonder how he'll feel. I mean he's pretty supportive so I doubt he'll mind. He hasn't really been texting me lately either. I hope he's doing okay.

"Wanna play y/n?"
I look and see Hinata holding a ball with a smile on his face.
"Is the coach okay with that?"

Ukai gives me a toothy grin and continues talking to Kiyoko about something.
I'll take that as a yes.
"Alright I'll play."
**
My team won, which I was very happy about. Although Kageyama and Hinata managed to score lots of points despite all the mistakes they made. They're a good duo.
Ukai didn't play this time which I was thankful for. That one time we played against each other was tough and I was sweating everywhere. He's a tough opponent. Although right now he doesn't seem so tough considering all the looks he's giving me.
It's super adorable though.

"Can y'all quit making goo goo eyes at each other for 5 minutes?"
I roll my eyes.
"Tanaka why don't you go outside and touch some grass or something and butt out?"

He puts his hand up.
"Umm ok miss sassy thang. Watch that tone or else I'll tell the team about you and Ukai."

I smirk.
"Then I'll tell Kiyoko about your obsession with anime girls and how you have like 30 pictures of them in your camera roll."

He gasps. "Nothing wrong with being a weeb and touché. You're pretty clever and cunning. No wonder he likes you."

"Actually Tanaka now that we're kinda on the subject, why don't you ask Kiyoko out?"

"I'm a coward. A big coward! Plus what if she rejects me? She must be so popular with all the guys."
"You know Tanaka I think she likes hanging out with you more than you may know. I would just go for it. And do it soon before she does get a boyfriend."

Ok so the end was kinda a lie. I've seen the way Kiyoko looks at him. I doubt she's gonna go after someone else, but nothing wrong with setting up Tanaka.

"Wait you're right! I'll start planning and hyping myself. Where's Noya? He'll help me. NOYA YOU SHORT STACK COME HERE!!"

He runs off.
"Dammit Tanaka quit calling me that!"
A pissed off Noya replies back. I giggle.
I'm so glad I got this opportunity to be assistant coach. I can see why Takeda loves this job. Lucky me I don't have to schedule stuff or anything. Perhaps I wouldn't enjoy it as much if I had to.
**
I grab my bag, making sure to check for any shorts or anything that wouldn't belong to me. I really don't want to deal with a boy coming up to my place again .....cough cough Tanaka.

Looks good to me. I sling it over my shoulder.
I start walking out and I hear footsteps behind me. It's Ukai. He comes up behind me and places a gentle kiss in my hair. I smile.
"So 7 right?"
He nods.
I start walking away from him and he pouts.

"Hey...."
I shake my head.
"Sorry old man. You'll just have to wait. Have patience there good sir."

"Fine. It's just hard to when you see someone so beautiful and gorgeous right in front of you."

I look away.
"Ha I made you blush. I love having that ability. I wonder how else I can make you blush?"

Nope nope nope nope.
Imma head out now before I explode.
"See ya."
I practically dash out of there. Damn my flustered state.
**
I make it to my place and take a quick shower.
I want to smell and look nice of course. Wouldn't want to be all sweaty. I blow dry my hair and decide to do it up a little.
(How you do up your hair is up to you...curling straightening....etc!)