3

Omg I'm so so so sorry. It's been crazy for awhile. With covid and school and family stuff. I just couldn't get the story right. I kept writing it over and over and finally I have the third chapter!! I hope you all are doing well! I'm sorry for taking so long to update💖💖💖Take care of yourselves lovelies and enjoy!!

W..wait a minute. I know him! That's Keishin Ukai! OMG OMG OMG OMG! I had a crush on this man. He was 1 year older than me, so I met him during his second year at Karasuno High. Back then when I met him, he had brown hair. I saw him in the halls a few times, but it wasn't til I saw him play volleyball did I realize how cool he actually was. He was a setter, a really good one at that. My friend's brother was on the team, so we would go to lots of the games. Slowly, I became more and more attracted to Ukai. I mean cmon whats not to love. He was cute and definitely knew how to play. He was also kind to the other players......mostly. He did kinda go off sometimes, but the coach would have none of it. One look from him and Ukai was done talking. Of course everything isn't what it seems.

I started having gym class with him later that year. Turns out he was actually a total jerk! Or at least he was to me. I'm not gonna lie. I did not look cute in high school and I certainly wasn't popular. My hair was short, I had a bob cut, and I had zero fashion sense. Plus I wasn't too comfy with wearing contacts, so I typically wore my glasses. I also sucked at makeup. The girls at school laughed at me when I first wore makeup to school. Ukai found me an easy target as soon as he saw me. He was one of those "cool kids", which meant he could do what he wanted and all that. Girls wanted to get with him and I swear he went on a date with a different girl like everyweek. He'd always have a flock of people surrounding him everywhere he went.

(Okay hello this is November of 2023 me from and might I say, I am so sorry for this cringe stereotypical bs I wrote😭. Glasses are actually hot and as a girl who didn't wear makeup and wore glasses in high school, I was still pretty. Like no one made fun of me. This was like right after I started reading True Beauty on webtoon and this was a similar storyline so I got my inspo from there. I can't change it now since I don't plan on rewriting this story, however, I am making another Ukai x reader and it's definitely gonna be different so just wanted to say that. Thanks guys! I'm glad you guys are still so sweet after everything I wrote💗💗)

I never looked forward to gym class. It was never fun to me, plus I hated having it first thing in the morning. I was always sluggish and Ukai caught onto that very quickly. He used to run laps around me. It's like he was always in competition with me, except he always won.....and he knew it. Then, he started making fun of me. He pointed at me all the time and would whisper something in a friend's ear. I always felt his gaze and it was horrible!!

But maybe he's different now. He probably doesn't even remember me............right? I mean it's been a few years now.
Ukai walks up to me.
"So I hear you'll be the new assistant coach for a little bit. Takeda's told me a lot about you. I.....wait a minute you kinda look familiar."

I hold my breath. Please don't notice me please don't notice me.

"Wait I remember you! Yeah you're Y/N. Omg it's been a long time hasn't it?"

He dumps his cigarette on the ground and stomps on it. He holds out his hand.

"Well it will be nice working with you."
I hesitantly take it.
"Y....yes."

"Alright kiddos listen up!"
Everyone looks up at him.
"You know the drill. Time to run some laps. Then you can come back and eat. GO GO GO!"
They rush off and he smiles at me.

"You think you can handle this?"

Excuse me?! Does he think I can't? Ughhh! How annoying, but it will be over with quickly. I'm just doing this for Takeda. Remember that.

"I think I'll be just fine!"
"Alright. Whatever you say little crow."

I glare at him and he smirks in delight.
So nicknames now. Maybe he hasn't changed after all.
****************

Eventually all the boys come back and we all eat together. Afterward they beg Ukai to let them practice at the gym. They're really enthusiastic. I remember when I played sports I wanted as much time off as possible. They want to have as much time playing as they can. Strange bunch, but I've heard many good things about them.
Ukai gives in and we all take a walk to the gym.

"So Y/N how about we test your skills?"
Ukai walks beside me.
"Hmmm? What do you mean by that?"
"You can play a game with the boys. You used to play volleyball, or at least that's what Takeda said."
"Well that is correct. I did play, but it's been a very long time. Why do I have to do this?"

"Because I need my assistants to have skills they can bring to the table. I gotta see if you're fit for the job."
Are you kidding me?! Has he even seen Takeda? No offense to him, but like it is Takeda. He wasn't much of a sports player.

"I know what you're thinking. And yes you're right. Takeda is not an athletic person, but he's intelligent. He's helped me many times before with the boys and volleyball stuff. So now I gotta see if you are as good as him."

Valid answer I suppose. Alright well if it's a challenge he wants, then it's a challenge he'll get!
"Alright Ukai. I'll play, but you better give me a few minutes to practice."
"Yeah yeah I'll give you that. Don't disappoint."
I smile.
"I don't think I will."