Chapter 4. Figuring things out.

A.N. wahahaahahahahaahh. Guess who abandoned this entire story for 4 months. Totally not me. I've been having TERRIBLE writers block and have been writing to other stories. DONT WORRY. I am not abandoning this book or stopping it here. I'm planning on another 10 chapters or so. Also I kind of have a girlfriend and we've been hanging out every day so that caused me to not write too.

Anyways off to the book :D

Maxine Mayfield.

7:04 PM.

I showed up to El's and stuffed my baggy in my pocket before climbing the tree next to her window. I tapped on it but she didnt answer so I opened it.
"Yo!" I said. She jumped looking at me, she was wearing her pjs and her glasses doing her homework like the goody two shoes she is. Her light was changed to a deep purple eluminating everything and making it purple.
"Fucking A, Max. You gave me a fucking heart attack," she cussed.
"Language fair maiden," I said, climbing into her room. I dusted off my pants leaving dirt on her carpet.
"You're vacuuming that," she said. I sat down at the end of her bed nervous.
"What are you doing here?" She asked, crossing her arms.
"Trying to cheer up my friend?" I asked.
"And how will you go along with that?" She asked. I reached un my pocket and pulled out a ziploc bag with my weed and pipe, "This."
"And how will that work?" She asked.
"I don't know, is it?" I asked, smirking.
"Yes, but dont say anything," she said. I grinned at her and pulled out my pipe.
"Holy shit, I missed you," she said.
"Its been a day," I said.
"Well that day felt like a year," she said, getting up opening her windows. I handed her the pipe and she hesitated before lighting it and immediately hacking.
"Whens the last time you've done this?" I asked.
"3 years ago," she said between coughs. I grabbed the pipe and took a hit. She took another hit much better then the first time.
"You're a bitch," she exhaled.
"True. But, you are one too," I said.
"How so?" She asked.
"You chose a boy over me," I said.
"That's cus you were being petty," she siad.
"I was not!" I said. She gave me that look she always gave me when I was lying.
"Fine. Maybe a little but still. I dont regret saying the stuff about you and Mike," I said.
"It was true. I dont blame you for reacting the way you did," she said, letting the smoke out it going in my face.
"Oh?" I asked, hitting the pipe.
"Shut up. I dont know how I feel about Mike anymore," she said. I felt my heart begin to race in hope.
"Well, he is a dick," I said, moving closer to her.
"Yeah..." she said, exhaling the smoke covering her face. It was a mere second but I felt her lips touch mine but I quickly pulled back.
"You dont like me. Fuck," she muttered.
"No, no! I do. I just, you and Mike are still dating," I said.
"Not really. I like you, Max. And I want to actually act on my thoughts. So please, kiss me. Right now," she commanded. It happened so fast but I set my bowl down and yanked El towards me making out with her instantly. She giggled as I pushed her down on her bed and began running my hands down her body.

I moved my leg and heard a loud shatter noise and realized I knocked my pipe down. I quickly swiped the pieces under the bed and put my weed under her blankets while she sprayed a bunch if perfume just in time for her dad to open the door.
"I thought a window broke, jesus. Max! What did I tell you about smoking grass in my house?!" He yelled.
"Smoke it outside," I mocked.
"Exactly. El? Were you smoking it too?" He asked, furrowing his brow.
"No," El and I said at the same time.
"I'll get going. You guys can deal with that,"  I said, walking out of her room and going outside. I grabbed my skateboard and began skating back to my house. In around 15 minutes I got back to my house and just as I sat down I felt my phone buzz.

Eleven Hopper.
7:47 PM.

"I'll get going. You guys can deal with that," Max said, opening my door and shutting it behind her. My dad leaned against my desk and crossed his arms. He picked up my snow globe he got me at a fair when I was 8.
"You still have it? I thought you would've lost it by now," he said, fidgeting with it.
"Yeah. That day meant a lot to me. I dont know how I didnt lose it either," I said, laughing awkwardly.
"You haven't been talking to me much lately. Is there something going on?" He asked.
"No. Theres just not much to talk about," I lied. He set down the snow globe and sat down on the end of my bed.
"I uh. I saw you 2 um..." he said, stammering. My eyes widened and I instantly buried my face in my hands.
"Oh my god," I said, feeling ym face flush.
"I'm fully supportive of you and her. It's much better than Mike. Just um... no funny stuff in here," he siad awkwardly. I screamed into my pillow and he just chuckled.
"We're not even together," I mumbled.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"I'm still with Mike. Its...complicated," I said.
"Well. Tell me when you figure it out," he said, standing up and patting me on my knee. He got to the doorway and opened the door.
"Oh and El," he said. I nodded.
"Love you kiddo," he said, reaching for the door knob.
"Love you too," I said. When he shut the door I grabbed my phone and pulled up snapchat and began to text Max.

El: DUDE!
Mad Max: What?
El: MY DAD SAW US MAKING OUT
Mad Max: What did he say?
El: He accepted me. He said hes more supportive of the relationship then with Mike.
Mad Max: That's good.
El: Yeah.
Mad Max: I've got to go. Love you!
El: Love you too.

That "Love you!" felt different then all the other times we've said that. It made it have more meaning. I fell back on my bed and stared at my ceiling picturing Max next to me. I grinned like a stupid person and shut my eyes. And I fell asleep, thinking about Max.

Teehee🤭