Winter Break.

It had been a couple of months since the party had gotten back together and they got pretty comfortable. It's as if nothing had happened except Max and El had told the party that they had been dating and funny thing is, Mike and Will had also been dating. 

Max was walking down the road in her sweater as her scarf covered half of her face. She clenched the bag of gifts she bought for their party. The wind was strong today, the temperature dropping with every step she made. She spotted the familiar white house and walked up the steps walking in, relaxing as the heat washed over her. 

"Hey, sorry for contacting you on such late notice," Mike said as he lead Max to the basement. As soon as they entered Max ripped off her coat and scarf, setting her bag down by the tree plopping down on the couch. 

"So, when is everyone getting here?" Max asked, as she swayed her leg back and forth.

"Um. 10 to 20 minutes from now," Mike said, checking his phone.

"Great," Max muttered as she pulled out her phone.

"So. How has your winter break been so far?" Asked Mike. 

"Fine. You?" Max asked. 

"I got to hang out with Will a lot so," Mike said, walking over to the couch sitting down next to her. The two then began making small chat as they waited for the others to arrive. They were in the middle of a conversation the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it," Mike said as Max followed. He opened the door only to see Robin.

"Hey, kiddo. Nancy home?" she asked, not noticing Maxine.

"Hey, Robin," Max said. 

"Max! Didn't expect you to be here. Whatcha doing?" she asked.

"I could ask you the same thing. I'm just kidding, we're throwing a party for Christmas since we won't be able to see each other on Christmas," Max explained.

"Oh, I need help with some homework from college. Nancy's my tutor," Robin explained.

"To answer your question, yes. She's here. She's upstairs in her room," Mike explained.

"Thanks, nerd," She said, flicking him. 

"So, how do you two know each other?" Mike asked.

"We work together at Scoops. We take the same shift," Max said before the doorbell interrupted her again. 

"Hey!" Mike greeted as Dustin and Susie walked in.

"Hey guys," Dustin greeted, as he held up 2 large bags. 

"Max! It's been so long!" Susie said, hugging Max. Max hugged back awkwardly as she got a whiff of Susie's very distinct smell of cat litter and laundry detergent. Susie pulled back as her and Dustin took off their hats and coats. All 4 of them went into the basement before sitting down. Susie and Dustin sat in the old reclining chair, Susie sitting on Dustin's lap, her arms wrapped around his neck while Max laid on the couch as Mike sat across from her on the arm chair. 

Soon enough Will and El arrived setting their gifts by the tree as well. Will sat down in front of Mike as El leaned on Max's shoulder. They all conversed amongst each other. 

"So anyone want to play Monopoly?" Mike suggested, gaining everyone's attention.

"Yeah, sure," Max said, getting up and sitting on the ground. Susie also got up sitting down and soon everyone sat around in a circle. Mike pranced over setting the board down as he sat down. They all decided to make Dustin the banker since he was the smartest of the group.

They were nearing the end of the game, Susie in the lead. Who would've thought that she was the best. El was close in second and Max being third. They all finished the game Susie, being the one with the most money.