Chapter 35: Next Step Forward

Start from the beginning

Hazel: Understood.

Cinder raises a finger to try and speak as Emerald looks back and realizes she's trying to talk.

Emerald: Oh!

She leans in to hear her as only the weakened gasps of Cinder could be heard before Emerald straightens up.

Salem: Speak, child.

Emerald: She wants to know...(hesitates) What about the girl?

Watts: (scoffs) What about her? Seems to me that this is Cinder's problem, not ours.

Cinder: (slams her fist on the table and speaks despite the pain in her voice) She's a problem that has to be handled now!

Salem: That's enough. Tyrian?

Tyrian: Yes, my lady?

Salem: Spring can wait. Find the girl that did this to Cinder.

Tyrian giggles elatedly and claps.

Salem: And bring her to me.

Tyrian freezes, groans disappointedly, pouts for a second, then looks back up at Salem with an acquiescent shrug.

Salem: Because of your efforts, Beacon has fallen. And Haven will be next.

Everyone rises as Tyrian snickers at Cinder and points to his left eye.

Tyrian: (laughing wickedly) Eye for an eye.

He then goes into an uncontrollable fit of manic laughter, while Cinder grits her teeth.

The scene changes to a green forest as Nora and Ren can be seen in new attire walking together.

Nora: I'm just sayin'...

Nora: ...with Pyrrha still recovering and Ruby joining our team we got to change our team name and junior seems to work better.

Ren: But "junior" isn't even a color.

Nora: (groaning) How can I be more clear?

Nora: JNRR (pointing at the second R) there's more than one.

Ren: But we're helping Ruby with her objective.

They make it back to Jaune, who's crouched and watching something.

Ren: RNJR (pointing to the first R) Wouldn't that make her the leader?

Jaune: Guys!

Ren and Nora turn their heads toward him.

Jaune: We need to focus.

A silence passes until Jaune speaks up.

Jaune: Also, JNRR is way cooler.

Nora: Exactly!

Ren goes to speak, but instead just groans. Suddenly there's a loud rumble.

Jaune: It's here.

Ruby then comes flying backwards from trees, firing Crescent Rose in the direction she came from.

A collection of floating boulders with a Grimm mask moves the trees aside, clearly chasing her.

Ruby falls, crashing against tree limbs along the way.

Ruby: Bad... landing... strategy!

She then lands on her feet on a big tree branch strong enough to hold her weight. She uses her Semblance to fly past the Grimm.

Jaune, Ren, and Nora look up.

Jaune: Let's get that thing off her.

He runs toward them as Ren jumps up into the trees.