Mistrust and Deception

3rd. Person POV

Tyrian was enraged by his failure. Yes, the man he was supposed to kill died anyway, but the humiliation caused by his encounter with the Dark Lord of the Sith sent him into a fury. As a result, he became excessively violent and bloodthirsty. He decided to take out his anger on a very vulnerable target: A family of three walking down a dark lit street. There was a man, a woman, and a young boy. He smiled to himself in anticipation. He dropped down from the ledge he was on and quietly approached the family. As he got closer, he noticed that the man was also talking on his scroll. 

Man: Yes, we have all five now. I'll instruct Viktoria to train Aika as well as she can. The two of us will see to training Jaune. 

Tyrian: I'm sorry, sir, but I appear to be lost.

The three of them turned around.

Woman: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't hear you walking up.

Tyrian then smiled menacingly.

Tyrian: Good... that means that I still have my head in the game.

The man squinted, before saying one last thing to his scroll.

Man: I'm going to have to cut this short, see you at work. 

He then hung up his scroll and stared at Tyrian. Tyrian then laughed maniacally and prepared his wrist mounted blades. The man was taken aback by this. The man then pulled out a pistol from his side. Tyrian, however, used the guns in his gauntlets to shoot the man's hand, causing him to drop the gun and scream in pain. Tyrian then began to laugh again and lunged at the family. The woman tried to defend herself, but was easily knocked to the ground. Tyrian then stabbed the woman in the stomach several times, all the while laughing like the madman that he was.

Man: CRYSTAL!

Tyrian then turned back to the man, his hands covered in blood. He kicked the man to the ground and stomped on his chest. The man coughed, a little bit of blood trickling out the side of his mouth. He then turned his head towards his cowering son.

Man: Cyrus! Run!

Cyrus: Daddy-

Man: JUST RUN, CYRUS!!!

The boy then began to run away from the scene. Tyrian seemed to grunt in frustration as he prepared to chase the boy, however he wasn't prepared for the bleeding hand of the man gripping onto his leg. 

Tyrian: huh?

Man: You're not touching him... 

Tyrian: And I assume you're going to stop me? 

Man: I'll take you with me!

Suddenly, a blue aura began surrounding the man's body.

Man: Full power... Eyes of- 

The man was cut off by Tyrian using his semblance to disable his aura. He then used his blades to stab him in the chest, killing the man almost instantly. When he was done, he looked around, only to see that the boy was long gone. He sighed in disappointment and then slipped into the dark crevices of Mantle just as the authorities arrived.

The following morning

Penny: Salutations!

The four members of Team RWBY jolted awake.

Penny: Good morning, team RWBY!

Yang: Penny, what time is it even?

Penny: Time to be huntresses of course.

Weiss, Blake and Yang groaned in exhaustion, while Ruby was ecstatic.

(Y/N) POV

Clover: Eyes up, huntsmen. Time to get used to the new normal in Atlas. Your top priority is Amity Tower. That means protecting supply runs from Grimm and bandits. And protecting the site itself. Diverting all construction resources to Amity Tower means there are gonna be gaps in Mantle's defenses against Grimm. They'll need help on the perimeter. But, there's still plenty to do in Mantle itself. I think you'll find everyone appreciates having a huntsman around. You're of course free to spend your time off as you see fit. Whatever helps you take the edge off. The huntsmen around you can be an invaluable resource. If you're willing to pay attention. But make no mistake, school's over. You get to choose what type of huntsman, huntress, or Jedi you are. So... what's it gonna be?