Every word felt like a knife to the chest, and you found it difficult to breathe. As Hoseok continued to throw harsh words at you, you scanned the faces of your soulmates. They were all emotionless as the listened, not a single one willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. 

"Hoseok, please I had no choice!" you pleaded. "My CEO somehow found out about your nomination. This is all a part of his game!" Your voice started to crack as you felt a lump in your throat. Your eyes began to burn as tears welled along your lower lash lines.

"Oh, your CEO somehow found out," Hoseok sneered, glaring at you from his spot on the stairs. "God, if you're going to lie, at least do me the decency to make it believable. You're the only one outside of our company who knew about the nomination. Do you really think anyone else would sabotage me like that?" He took the rest of the stairs two at a time, not wanting to speak to you any longer. 

"Hoseok, please!" By now you were sobbing, completely devastated by his lack of trust in you. You frantically looked to your soulmates, but they all turned away, the unbridled pain on your face too much for them to bear. You sprinted up the stairs, chasing after Hoseok. Out of your peripherals, you saw Yoongi move to get up.

"Don't," you heard Namjoon say, but you didn't stick around enough to hear what he said next. 

When you made it to the top of the stairs, you saw Hoseok enter the last room on the right. You ran as fast as you could, hoping to catch him, but Hoseok slammed the door shut right before you made it. 

You pounded both fists against the door once, leaning your forehead against the cool surface. Your pained cries echoed throughout the hallway, your words barely discernible through your heaving breaths. 

"Hobi please you don't understand!" you sobbed. "I never wanted to hurt you. I was blackmailed, please just listen!" 

No matter how hard you pounded on the door, or how loud you screamed, Hoseok refused to answer. You slid down to the floor, the side of your body leaned against the door as you slumped on the ground. By now, you'd cried out all the tears, sobs dwindled into quiet hiccups. Exhaustion took over your body and your limbs felt like lead. 

"Please, help me," you whispered, before your vision went dark. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Namjoon POV

Namjoon winced as he heard your distressed sobs, the heartbreak clear in your voice. He felt a dull throb in his chest, a whisper of what Hoseok must be feeling. A quick look at his soulmates told him they felt the same. By now, Jeongguk and Taehyung has climbed into Seokjin's arms, the elder's hands pressed against the youngers' marks in order to comfort them. 

Yoongi was doing the same for Jimin, who had curled into the older's lap the minute Y/N had raced upstairs. Jeongguk and Jimin had their hands pressed against their ears in an effort to block out the cries, while Taehyung had clenched his eyes shut, humming to himself as a distraction. 

Yoongi and Seokjin had tears streaming down their cheeks, but they forced themselves to stay calm, knowing their younger soulmates needed their strength. Namjoon gripped onto the arms of his chair, fingernails digging into the synthetic fabric. 

They sat like this for nearly fifteen minutes, before silence fell over the apartment. Jimin carefully pulled his hands away from his ears, looking around like a lost puppy. "What happened, why is it quiet?" 

Yoongi raised his hand and combed his fingers through Jimin's blonde hair. "I think she passed out," he used his thumbs to wipe away the younger's tears.