Chapter 8

Your job was always your safe space. Singing and dancing never failed to help you escape from reality and it definitely wasn't an exception this time. You were so immersed in practice that your earlier encounter with Jeongguk was the last thing on your mind. That was until your text tone sounded throughout the practice room, echoing off the mirrored walls. 

It was quite comical, the confused looks on all five of your faces, you and your members being the only people in the room that morning. 

"Who's phone is that?" Minji asked, curiosity evident in her voice. 

"I don't know, I've never heard it before," Nayoung said.

You raised your hand sheepishly, knowing you were about to get bombarded with questions. Your heart started to race in fear, your mind trying to come up with excuses so you could avoid telling them what you had accidently promised Jeongguk. 

"It's mine."

Four heads simultaneously whipped to look at you. The room fell dead silent for five long seconds before Chanmi broke it. 

"Yours? But who would text you if not one of us? You don't have friends!"

Ouch. That one kind of hurt. 

You scowled, "Thanks, how kind of you to point out my misfortunes."

"Oh chickie, you know she didn't mean it like that. But," Jaehwa sent you a worried glance. "You don't really like talking to someone that's not us. Is someone threatening you?"

It wasn't surprising that this was the first assumption Jaehwa jumped to. She was the prime example of the fierce, protective sister. Jaehwa was never afraid to call people out on their stupidity, and always stood up for the rest of you when you couldn't do it yourselves, even the older girls. There was a time when Minji was mistreated during an interview, and not only did Jaehwa spend five minutes lecturing the interviewer on his ignorance, but she also refused to allow the interview to continue, grabbing the four of us and leaving the building. 

"No, no I'm safe. Really. It's probably just a marketer, or the bank texting my transaction history."

As much as you prided yourself on your acting skills and ability to get away with lying, nothing escaped Chanmi's quick mind. 

"You gave him your number??" Her squeals were so loud that you began to worry if the staff down the hall heard. 

You aggressively shushed her, sending her the deadliest glare you could muster. 

"Him?"

"Who?"

"A boy?"

Your elder sisters' shocked questions jumbled together in the air, but all you could focus on was Chanmi's stance. It was clear what her next move was going to be. 

Immediately you began sprinting towards your bag, hoping to beat your snoopy best friend to your phone. However, it was just your luck that Chanmi had been a foot closer to the wall. Whereas when she dove, she landed on your bags, you landed on her. This didn't stop you from still trying to keep your phone away from her. This was your dignity on the line. If your members ever found out that you fell for the charms of the very boy you swore to avoid for the rest of your life, they'd never let you live it down. 

Screeching echoed through the room as you and Chanmi engaged in a wrestling match, limbs flying everywhere, fistfulls of hair being yanked in every direction. 

It took a minute or two, but the older members managed to snap out of their stupor, Minji and Nayoung rushing over to separate the two of you. Nayoung picked you up and lifted you in the air, her height giving her an advantage, as she managed to pick you up so high, your feet tangled in the air. Minji had her arms wrapped around Chanmi's abdomen, the latter's chest heaving from the onslaught of vigorous exercise. Your eyes frantically searched her hands, relief washing through your body as your search came up empty. 

But sadly, for you, relief was a temporary luxury. 

"Who is 'international playboy'?" 

In the heat of the moment, you failed to realize that there were in fact five members in Meliora, one of which had your phone in her possession.

You ran over and snatched the device from her hand, trying to suppress the sudden urge to chuck it at the wall. 

You couldn't help the blush that painted itself across your cheeks as you read the message. 

Unknown: 3485 Wings Ave. 6:30 pm. You promised ;)

Unknown: P.S. I would advise against wearing that coat, we have quite a few fashion icons in our soulmate bunch, and the nun look isn't really their aesthetic. Dress up please~ (although we all know you'd look beautiful in a cardboard box)                <3 your favorite international playboy

"Chickie you're blushing!" Minji cooed, pinching your cheeks.

"Ow, unnie," you whined, trying to wriggle away from her grip. When Minji proceeded to wrap you up in an embrace, you relented, enjoying her warmth. 

"Is it one of the boys?" Jaehwa asked, glancing at Chanmi, hoping one of us would give her an answer. 

"The littlest one came to visit our maknae this morning," Chanmi said in a teasing voice, happy with the fact that she'd managed to make you flustered. 

"Ok," Nayoung grabbed Chanmi and Jaehwa's hands, leading them to the center of the room, before sitting down. "Let's all sit down and let Y/N tell us what happened."

You recited the entire story to them, covering your bright red face with sweater paws when the members teased you for falling prey to Jeongguk's touch. 

"So now I have to go have dinner with all seven of them. How did this happen?" You fell backwards, splaying out across the cold floor of the practice room, face twisted in despair. "In less than 24 hours, I went from them not knowing me at all to me meeting each of them personally. This isn't what I wanted. I can't let any of them touch me, or worse, bond with me."

"Will it really be that bad if they did? Maybe this is the universe telling you that they'd always find their way to you. If you living your life with the seven of them is what's written in the stars, then you can't escape it," Nayoung explained, her voice a bit hesitant. 

"Yes it will be bad! They'll get hurt! I'll only make their lives worse. They don't know, but me being in their lives is a disaster waiting to strike."

"Well you can't bail on them. Not only is it rude, but you know they'll feel hurt. You don't want to hurt them do you?" Chanmi made her eyes big, her resemblance to a puppy clearer than ever before.

You knew the game she was playing. The guilt card. You knew it better than anyone. It was your favorite card to play. 

'But Minji unnie, my tummy hurts. And you know only your soup makes it better. You don't want me to hurt all night do you?'

'Nayoung unnie, please let me record my line again. I'll never be able to live with myself knowing I didn't give the fans my all.'    

"No, I don't want to hurt them. What do you suggest then, huh? Go over but flinch away every time they reach out? Sit six feet away from all of them? What if they ask me personal questions? Ignore them? Either way, they'll think I'm rude." 

"Never fear chickpea, I have an idea," Chanmi smirked, a plan brewing in her mind. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello lovelies!

I'm so sorry for the super duper late update. I promise to post a new chapter either tomorrow or the day after as a peace offering. It is currently 2 am where I live now and if I write another chapter now it won't be my best work. 

I hope you are all safe and well!

XOXO