Chapter 14

"So...how did it go?"

You shrieked and jumped a foot in the air, scared by the voice in front of the door. After your talk with the boys, you decided to walk home. It was only lunchtime, so it was still daylight outside, and you wanted the fifteen minutes to yourself, to think about what you were feeling. 

When you opened the door to your apartment, all four of your members were standing at the door with big smiles on their faces, eager to know how your talk with your soulmates went. 

You gave them a sheepish smile, to which they all huffed, shoulders drooping in disappointment. "I chickened out."

"True to your name as always I see, dear chickie."

You smacked Chanmi upside the head. "It's short for chickpea, dimwit, not chicken."

Your best friend just shrugged, sending you a smug smile. "If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck..."

"Ok you two, fight on your own time. Tell us what happened Y/N-ie," Minji said, pulling you towards the couches. 

You told them everything that happened, choosing to leave out the part where Jimin held you. You weren't sure why, but it felt too personal and intimate to share, even with your members. 

"Despite not telling them the whole truth, I'm still really proud of you for opening up to them Y/N." Nayoung looked at you, face shining with pride. "I know how hard it is for you to talk about your family, but the fact that you still told these boys so quickly after meeting them is a big deal. It took you months to even tell us."

"Exactly, and don't worry about not telling them the whole truth about Lee. I get why you had reservations, maybe one day you'll feel comfortable enough to open up to them," Chanmi called from the kitchen, where she sat eating her lunch. 

You knew that day would never come if you could help it, but you nodded anyway, not wanting to start an argument.

"So what's the plan now? Meet up with them once a week? Have them come here?" Jaehwa asked, protective instincts kicking into overdrive. 

"I'm not sure yet. I think I'll let them take the lead on this. I don't really know how this soulmate thing works," you shrugged nonchalantly, walking towards the kitchen to grab a plate of food. You were starving.  

"Our little baby finally has a boyfriend! Wait no, seven boyfriends!" Minji squealed. 

"Unnie," Nayoung groaned from her seat next to the eldest. "Stop squealing like a pig, you're hurting my ears." Minji ignored the girl, too exhilarated to care.

"Wow seven boyfriends...sounds like a lot," Jaehwa chimed in, an eyebrow raised in displeasure. The idea of having to make sure not one, but seven boys were treating her youngest member properly wasn't Jaehwa's definition of a good time. 

"Yeah, a lot of fun," Chanmi said, a smirk playing on her lips. "Just imagine how big their d-"

You reached over the island to slap your hand over her mouth before the crude thought escaped it. 

"They are not my boyfriends," you hissed through clenched teeth. "No one will be imagining anything."

Chanmi hummed, "Say what you want, but we both know which music video is at the top of your most viewed list." A blush rose up your neck and cheeks. 

Before you could fight back with a snarky comment, Nayoung intervened. "Chanmi stop taunting her and go to the studio. You have a solo song to write."

"Yes ma'am," she said with a salute, rising from her seat and walking out of the common space. 

Just when you thought you were in the clear, Chanmi stuck her head back in from the hallway and sang, "Nae pi ttam nunmul~"