Chapter 20

"Chickie stop pacing you'll wear yourself out," Jaehwa said from the couch. When you returned to the dorm from Lee's office, you had slammed the door and screamed in frustration. Within seconds, footsteps came pounding down the stairs as your members came to your comfort. They were sat on the couch, watching with worry as you paced back and forth.

"I don't understand why you're so upset. Isn't this your dream? To become a choreographer?" Chanmi asked obliviously. In her defense you hadn't mentioned your dilemma yet, just that Lee wants you to choreograph for ATEEZ.

 "It's a problem because I have to go up against Hoseok, and this is his dream!" you yelled, frustration taking over. "You didn't see his face when he was telling me about this award. His eyes were glowing Mimi, glowing. I can't be the reason that light dims," you sighed, plopping onto the couch next to Nayoung. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"I know you don't want to hurt those boys Y/N-ie but...this is your life too," Nayoung said, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. "You can't tell Lee you won't do it, he'll beat you until you say yes." You cringed, thinking about all the times you were victim to his abuse. "At the same time, you can't slack off because not only is it your reputation as a dance leader, but it's ATEEZ's whole career. Those boys deserve the best and you know that." 

You nodded solemnly, resting your head on the leader's shoulder. "I know, and I'm going to do my best, but I'm afraid I might end up hurting Hoseok."

Minji came over and handed you a mug of citrus tea. "I know baby, but in the end whatever is meant to happen will happen no matter what you try to do. Just give it your best shot, and fate will run its course." 

You sipped your tea in silence, knowing Minji was right. You just hoped you wouldn't lose your boys right after deciding you wanted them. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The next day was rather busy in terms of your schedule. You and your members were at the studio all morning and well into the afternoon, recording songs and practicing choreographies. When you returned home it was already 5 in the afternoon and you were all sweating buckets. 

"I can't believe we ran that choreo thirteen times. If I wasn't sick of it before, I sure am now," Chanmi whined from the kitchen where she was chugging a bottle of water. 

"We wouldn't have had to run it so often if you focused the first few times," Jaehwa gripped. 

Nayoung heaved a sigh as a fight erupted, knowing she'd have to be the one to calm the girls down. Meanwhile, you felt your phone vibrate in your bag. You fished it out, wondering who would be texting you. Upon seeing the message, your face burned red. 

"Whose got you turning into a tomato?" Chanmi asked, her quarrel with Jaehwa finally over.

Minji walked up behind you and read the text from your shoulder. 

"From Kim Seokjin. Wow, I can't believe you came all the way to Big Hit and saw all of the boys but me. Guess this means you own me some of your time. Would you like to come over for dinner? You'll need your daily dose of world wide handsome times 2 to make up for yesterday."

The members started to tease you immediately.  

"Damn if someone as fine as him was blowing up my phone I'd blush too," Minji wiggled her eyebrows. "Are you going to go?"

"I don't know... I feel like I've barely seen you guys-"

"Nope, you are not using us as your scapegoats young lady," Jaehwa said while pushing you towards the stairs. "Go get showered and then go on your little dinner date."