♂the boy who made ammends

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
_____________________

"𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧?"_____________________

_____________________

The golden egg shines brightly, reflecting the light from the common room and emanating a warm, golden glow. The atmosphere is busy, as busy as Hermione during exams season. Filled with animated students talking brightly amongst themselves in regards of the first place title of not one, but two Hogwarts competitors.

Following my rouge dragon chase, I was announced to be tied for first alongside Cedric Diggory. Seeing, of course, that my performance was ultimately affected by the fact that a murderous dragon was ravaging after me.

For once, I don't necessarily mind being the center of attention. I, in fact, embrace my moment, lifting the golden egg high into the air and smiling triumphantly to myself at yet another burst of cheers and applause. I spin slowly in a circle, tauntingly holding the egg just out of everyone's grasp. Next thing I know, my feet are leaving the ground and I look down to see Fred and George hoisting me up onto their shoulders.

There's this hunger that comes with winning a task. A sense of longing to win the next, its concerning really, the extremities of emotions this tournament makes you feel. It messes with your mind in ways I'm incapable of describing.

When Dumbledore had first mentioned the tournament on our first night back, I couldn't care less about the 'eternal glory' that comes with winning the tournament. I still don't, maybe not as much, but I do ultimately understand how easily someone could become obsessed, infatuated with the victories. As of now my mind has to be convinced that the tournament is worth the risk. After all, I've only completed one task, there's still two more to go, two more to come out alive of.

Fred and George bounce me up higher onto their shoulders so that I've got a pretty clear view of the entire common room. I throw the egg into the crowd and watch as it circulates throughout the group.

"Yes, Harry!" George exclaims.

"Knew you wouldn't die, Harry," Fred proclaims, matching his twin's energy. "Lose a leg-"

"-Or an arm." George continues.

"Pack it in all together?"

"Never!" The twins scream in conclusion.

Seamus Finnegan grabs hold of the egg, staring at it with a look of sheer fascination. He places a kiss on it before holding his hands out, a serious look overcoming his face. "Shush!" He yells, continuing only once he's captured everyone's attention. "Go on, Harry! What's the clue?"