♀the...girl? who competed part 1

before you read, might i mention that there are some timeline switches so PAY ATTENTION to the words under your pov with each section.
thank you, and enjoy this chapter of hcg

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
_____________________

"𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐰𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

"𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐰𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭."
_____________________

|third person|
31 days until the final task

     It's a peaceful, quiet night tonight. The sky is scattered with bright, beautiful stars and the moon shines down out the quiet castle grounds. Scarce of even the slightest of breezes, there's no other word for the dead of night other than tranquil.

     But that's outside.

     Inside, y/n Riddle writhes around in a restless manner in her four-poster bed. Again.

     While she may be asleep, her mind is far, far from it.

    It's almost cruel, really. To see one, trapped between reality and the darkness within. Struggling to endure the detrimental images produced by their very own mind.

    This night terror was unalike any other she's had before. While still frightening, she at least had the comfort of similarity. The same scene replayed over and over again.

     But this one was different.

     This one was personal.

     Though she tried to scan her surroundings, the blackness of the night made it hard to make out what lies even a mere foot away from her.   A thick fog arose from the dirt floor. Thick blocks of stone stuck out from the ground; graves.

     It could've been straight out of a horror film.  The kind of place you should steer clear of at all costs. Even so, the kind of place that the main characters would find themselves having stumbled across, ending up to face their untimely doom. 

     Before her eyes, the scene changed. y/n screamed but no one could hear her. Helpless, she was forced to watch as her boyfriend struggled, pinned against a large sculpture. She tried to run to him, but she was frozen in place. She watched him scream himself in a burning agony as a long and grotesque finger pressed itself firmly against his lightning bolt scar.