♀the girl who bet

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
_____________________

"𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧,"_____________________

_____________________

God am I nervous.

I've never quite realized just exactly how difficult it is to stay still. I mean to stand completely and utterly still when your heart is beating ten to the dozen, it simply cannot be done. I've really been trying to contain my nerves.

Ultimately failing, but trying nonetheless.

Instead I jump up and down in my seat anxiously as more and more people file into the viewing stands.

up and down
and up and down
and up and down
and up and down
and up and down
and-

"Would you cut that out?" Ron snaps from beside me. He clasps his hands harshly on mine that rest atop the wooden rail in front of me as he attempts to contain my bouncing.

Again, failing, but attempting nonetheless.

I shake my hands free from the grip of his own. "Sorry!" I whine. "I'm really nervous for him."

Ron merely grunts in return and I turn to face him irritatedly. "Well why'd you even show up then? Hm? If you're going to be such a prick."

"To keep a bloody eye on you!" He's quick to retort. "You're fourteen and this task is gonna give you a stress ulcer. You're not even competing!"

I roll my eyes despite my hidden amusement. "You're full of it, Ronald Weasley. Absolutely full of it."

Ron scoffs. "Fine then, you ungrateful. Have your stress ulcer but don't come crying to me."

I shove him in response. 'Making sure you don't have a stress ulcer' he says. Oh please, he just wants to hide the fact that he still loves his best friend, probably more I do, and came to make sure that his boy is going to be ok. I'm thankful for the distraction though, to take a break from my raging apprehension about the fast-approaching first task.

It'll take place not too far from the school. Not quite on the Hogwarts grounds, they've set up on the next hill over. I presume the reasoning of which being that if something goes awry, the castle won't be damaged. I shudder. Even the thought that something potentially could go awry gives me goosebumps so I try not to dawn on it.

The viewing stadium is actually quite grand, somewhat similar to our Quidditch stands, although we're much higher up off the ground,  to keep a safe distance from the dragons. Also, the stands are arranged in a large circle, the bounds that the competitors will compete within, similar to that of the Quidditch World Cup. The ground below, where Harry'll be competing all too soon, is extremely rocky and I can only imagine how it'll hurt a godawful lot to take a hit down there.