♀the girl who found

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
_____________________

"𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦

"𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦. 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞?"
_____________________

"Ravenclaw tower. West side of the castle at the top of the spiral staircase."

"Here we are," Ron whispers.

"Good thing your brothers know the shortest route to just about anyplace in the castle. I literally trailed Sara here from the dining hall that one time and there's still no way I could've told you how to get here," I say to Ron. "Don't you think it's weird though, that they didn't question why we needed to know the quickest way here in such urgency?"

Ron shrugs. "That's Fred and George for you."

"Helpful?" I ask.

"No, weird."

I chuckle at the comment before looking ahead and inhaling sharply. I hit Ron's shoulder and motion towards Severus Snape turning the corner onto the hallway, the two of us walk on underneath Harry's cloak of invisibility.

"Quiet," I nudge him towards the right side of the corridor and there we stand, breaths held, waiting for our least favorite professor to walk past.

I fight the urge to cheer victoriously as Snape struts right past us, oblivious to the two of us standing right under his large nose. I could only imagine what he'd do if he knew.

We finally come to a standstill at the foot of a large, wooden door. In place of a handle, a bronze knocker shaped like the head of an eagle, signifying that we've reached our destination.

Ron and I stand silently for a few moments before I impatiently break the silence.  "So to get inside. . ."

"The knocker asks you a riddle. To get in, you've got to answer it correctly."

I nod and look both ways to ensure that the coast is clear. Once certain, I duck out from under the cloak and make my way towards the door, reaching for the knocker and tapping it against the wood three times.

The eagle blinks out of surprise, I jump back.

"Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you escape?"

I frown at the thing and turn to Ron dumbfounded. "That's it?" I ask to which he shrugs. "Um, okay. Turn on the light?"

I go to push the door open but it remains locked.