♀the girl who declined

you are gonna be madddd at me for this one lol

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
_____________________

"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬"_____________________

_____________________

"Are you okay?"

The three words drag out slowly and cautiously as I see Cedric out of the corner of my eye studying my face, attempting to read my emotions. I don't blame him. Aside my last name, my temper is what I'm most known for around here. No one, quite understandably, wants to face the wrath of the girl with a deeply disturbed mother and a bloodthirsty, murderous father.

Luckily for Cedric, I'm in no position to attack.

Still, it takes me awhile to respond. Am I okay? I don't know. There's too many emotions being felt right now, too many thoughts circling my head.

I'm hurt that he would just so easily assume the worst of me. You'd think that after three years he'd know me a little bit better but apparently, he hasn't a clue. Harry Potter is one of the only people in this world that knows me and accepts me for me. Everyone else is so quick to assume, think the worst of me without even knowing me and I guess I never have realized just how much exactly that bothers me. Harry makes me feel like my last name is no more than a last name, that I'm not destined for bad just because of my parents. He makes me believe that truly I am a good person. How much of that is true though if he's so quick to turn on me because of a mere misunderstanding? About a silly dance no less.

I'm angry that he had the audacity to not only accuse me but that he walked away from me when I hadn't even done anything wrong to begin with. The fact that he got the last word, the fact that he didn't give me the chance to defend my actions, to explain myself, that he was like everyone else. Quick to assume.

I'm annoyed at this stupid Yule Ball, no, this whole Triwizard Tournament, for adding so much stupid, unneeded drama to all of our lives. People like us have got much bigger problems than dates and 'what am I going to wear and 'who's going with who'. And yeah it'd be great if my biggest problem was that Lavender Brown and I are looking at similar dresses, but that's not the case.

Yet all of this in mind, I turn to Cedric and say, "Yeah, I'm okay."

I bring my hands to my head and rub my temples, in attempt  to sooth the dreadful migraine thats appeared from the hundreds of thoughts and feelings in my brain. There are so many it truly feels like my head is about to implode.

A look of guilt overcomes Cedric's face and he looks down at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck as he appears to be struggling with what words to say next. "I'm sorry. It's my fault, I asked for your help, got you into the situation. I should've said something before he left."