24. Guilt

Harry's POV

   If pleasure was what I thought I'd feel after outting Shannon, or expected to feel, than I was completely wrong.

My insides felt ate up with guilt.

Not for Shannon, I could care less how she feels right now. But because of Bea. Because of the look that took over her face as she watched that video of her sister doing all of those things.

And then seeing her be pulled into the office. I saw her clinch her fists at her sides as she walked inside, and I knew she was being ate up with anxiety. The thought of her sitting inside that stuffy office and being talked to about something she had nothing to do with didn't sit right with me. Not being able to be there by her side and make things better didn't make things better either.

I didn't sit right with me right now, but my sister was over the fucking moon about it.

"You should have seen all their faces Harry. It was like watching a train wreck. You want to look away but you just can't, except I wanted to watch." She boasts from the couch in our living room. "We're like a modern day Dan and Ginny from Gossip girl."

"What's gossip girl?" I ask.

I'm being slammed with a pillow in the face next thing I know. "I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that." She looked at me for the first time since we got home. "What's wrong with you?"

     "Do you think we made a mistake?"

    Gemma tossed her head back in frustration. "You're too nice for your own good sometimes. That wicked bitch deserves everything she has coming for her. All we did was expose who she really was."

    "And we hurt Bea, her family, and others in the process." The memory of seeing the science teacher being taken away in handcuffs had yet to leave my mind. Along with Braelynn's face as she was crying to her boyfriend after class. "Bea didn't even talk the rest of the school day."

     "Well..She's probably processing everything as best as she can right now. I'm sure it's a shock and she doesn't really know how to feel." She shrugs. "How would you feel if you watched a video of me doing all those things?"

    I couldn't even fathom that, because I knew the kind of person Gemma was. She was hard as rock sometimes, but she wouldn't hurt someone. Before I can respond though, the front door opened and our mom stumbled in. That was nothing new. But what was new was the scraggly fuck that waltz in behind her.

     I stand up from the couch and quickly place myself in front of Gemma, blocking her from this guys view. He reeks of liquor and his face has scabs covering them, like he's been picking at his skin.

    He doesn't even register me or my sister, he's too busy inspecting the house in front of him and looking like he's hit the jackpot.

    My mom turns around and looks at him with stars in her eyes, and I know I'm not about to like whatever is about to take place here.

    "Gemma, why don't you go to your room?" I say to her.

     "No way, I'm not leaving you out here alone." She says quietly.

    "Now." I say, and leave no room for argument. I don't want this asshole laying his eyes on her, and if he was to say or do anything I didn't agree with, I already knew what would happen.

    Gemma listens, thankfully, and gets up off the couch before silently walking to her room. She looks at me before shutting her door, and I know she's scared of what may happen.