10- The Great Escape

Start from the beginning

"I'm Dobby Miss Potter, Dobby the house elf"

"Not to be rude or anything, but this isn't a great time for us to have a house elf in our bedroom" Harry responded. As a result for his response you hit him and mouth "don't be like that."

"Oh, yes, sir! Dobby understands! It's just that, Dobby has come to tell you- it is difficult, sir- Dobby wonders where to begin?"

"Well why don't you sit down Dobby" you pointed to the stool next to your bed.

"Sit down?" He got on his knees and started sobbing.

"Dobby shh we are sorry. (y/n) didn't mean to offend you" Harry said, trying to hush Dobby.

"Offend Dobby? Dobby has heard of both your greatness but never has he been asked to sit down by a wizard, like an equal"

"You can't have met many decent wizards then" Harry said.

"No, I haven't. That was an awful thing to say.... BAD DOBBY.. BAD" Dobby proceeded to hit his head against the closet near him.

"Dobby stop please" you pleaded with him.
You knew if Vernon heard any noise all hell would break loose when the Masons left.

"Dobby had to punish himself. Dobby almost spoke ill of his family"

"Your family Dobby?" You asked.

"Yes (y/n), the wizard family Dobby serves. Dobby is bound to serve one family forever. If they knew Dobby was here... but Dobby had to come. Dobby has to protect (y/n) and Harry Potter. To warn them. Harry and (y/n) Potter must not go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year. There is a plot, a plot to make most terrible things happen"

"What terrible things? Who's plotting them?" Harry asked, wanting more information.

"Can't say" He started to hit himself with the lamp on your desk. "Dobby stop" Harry said, trying to get the lamp from him. Your worst fears came true when you heard someone coming up the stairs.

"Harry! Closet now. He's coming" While Harry grabbed Dobby, you yanked the lamp from him. To your luck Vernon entered the room once Harry had shoved Dobby into the closest.

"What the devil are you two doing up here?!" He roared.

"Sorry Uncle we were just-"

"You've just ruined the punchline of my Japanese golfer joke" he interrupted you, not letting you answer his question.

"Sorry" Harry said, closing the door.

"One more sound and you two wish you'd never been born. And fix that door!" He cried out, slamming the door when he left. Once the coast was clear Harry released Dobby from the closest.

"See why we have to go back Dobby, we don't belong here. We belong in your world at Hogwarts. It's the only place we feel at home and have friends" You said to Dobby, who was  removing a sock from his ear.

"Friends that don't even write to Harry and (y/n)" 

"Well I expect them to- Wait Dobby. How do you know our friends haven't been writing to us" you questioned the elf. His facial expression changed when he realized he slipped out too much information.

"(y/n) and Harry mustn't be mad with Dobby" He pulled out a whole stack of letters. "Dobby hoped, if Harry and (y/n) Potter thought their friends had forgotten them. Harry and (y/n) Potter might not want to go back to school"

"Give us those, NOW" Harry demanded.

"NO!" not knowing where to go Dobby ran outside your room and made his way to the kitchen. Not wanting to get in trouble you both tip toed to the kitchen. "Dobby please no" you pleaded with him. Vernon would usually get mad at you two for no reason, so if he had a reason it would be a lot worse.