Chapter Three, "I'm Not The Only One?"

Bdubs landed outside the town hall. What will happen? I hope Grian has it under control over there…….. He thought as he bounded up the steps. Bdubs heard two voices conversing. As soon as he had got in he called the mayor's name, it went silent……. Then Scar walked out from the left wing of the town hall.

“Ah… there you are Scar…..”

“Yes my cherry blossom??”

“I got some supplies…….” That’ll be used against you……

“Splendid!!”

“Yeah…… I heard talking….. Is there someone else here??”

“There is indeed…. It’s Cub! I was thinking he would actually be of use…”

“A-are you saying I’m not of use…….”  Damnit Bdubs, you're against this man, why are you jealous.

“Well of course you are of use…. He just brings in those fat diamond stacks.”

“Right… Okay. Old Con-Corp chums, cool. I’ll go say hi to him.” I hate them both….
He walked up the stairs up to the last office, knocking on the door.

“Who is it?” Came from the room.

“Uhm...Bdubs….. Scar’s assistant mayor…….”

“Oh, alright, come on in.”

Bdubs walked in. “So what are you planning here you damn Con-Vex. I hope you are against his ideas.”

“Not necessarily, while I’m not exactly going with his plan, I will still work  for him,  as for you…… Well I might just say….. Don’t stand in mine or Scar’s way. Because your head would look better off your shoulders, Other than that, For the time being I’d say you will be fine.  Got it??”

“Right, fine. I’ll be off then……” Bdubs quickly left the room, heading to his office. He dropped off the supplies and headed to Scar’s big throne. “Scar, I’ll be off…… back to my base……”

“Actually Bdubs, I think it’s better if you stay here. The Resistance will be prowling the streets soon enough. I want you to be safe.”

“Yes sir- yes Scar…..”

“Good.”

“So…. is Cub also going to rule with us…..?”

“Within a few months or even weeks I’ll decide which of you I want by my side. Whoever is most loyal, helpful, you know. You’ve known how I like it since day one, you always know what I want.”

***

“Where is he? It’s getting late…..” Grian pondered.

“Knowing that bootlicker, he’s off trying to please the mayor anyway he can” Etho scoffed. Everyone ignored him.

“It’s fine, I bet he’s fine. Let’s hope he comes in the morning.”