C5

" Do you want to go to the beach with me ? ", Seth asked Athena the morning of her second day in La Push ," I can show you all around La Push ".

She was  standing  at the sink helping Sue wash up the dirty dishes when he'd walked in .

She smiled at him sweetly . " If your Mum doesn't need us and if she says it's alright ," she replied.

Sue smiled at her niece from where she was putting away the dried dishes in a cupboard.

" Have you done your chores ,Seth?", she asked her son .

The boy's eyes widened and he lifted a hand to rub his neck sheepishly .

" Ah , I see. Go do your chores first . Then you can show Athena around . Oh and please can you two deliver a pie for me at Billy's ?. He'd been begging for something sweet all week . He's driven Dad  up the walls already ".

Seth snorted with laughter at that  and left to go do his chores.

Sue shook her head at the boy's antics and continued to help putting away the dried dishes .

Athena just smiled to herself  , feeling quite joyful this fine morning . Hopefully her joy would stay for as long as she visited her new found family .

           🐭🐭🐭🐭
Athena and Seth walked up a driveway to a small red house that reminded Athena of the barns in her picture books at home .
It was beautiful and she loved it . 

Her eyes scanned the yard, catching a glimpse of the upsidedown turned  fishing boat and some other building that sat inside a cluster of trees .

Actually, everywhere in La Push were trees . Tall pines and other sorts .It was a forest , obviously and it   was quite different from the Forbidden Forest at Hogwarts ,but there was that same eery feeling ,just less scary coming from it .

She carried the pie dish  covered in foil because Sue had been afraid that Seth would let the dish fall and because Athena was a girl she was considered more responsible than her cousin .

They walked up to a front door that had a ramp instead of steps .

Athena wondered what the ramp is for as she stood behind Seth while he knocked on the door .

A few seconds later she understood when a man in a wheelchair opened the door .

He looked like an older version of Jacob and Athena was   sure   that this was Billy Black .

His dark eyes twinkled with a friendly light as he greeted them .

" Good morning ,Seth and... Athena ,right?". Athena nodded and he continued ," I'm Billy Black .  Your Uncle Harry had told me so much about you yesterday . We all knew Jocelyn . I never knew she'd had a daughter . It's too bad what happened to her ,though. Anyway come in . Jacob's in the shed, but Seth can go call him while you and I go make some coffee or tea , whichever you'd like and we can talk a bit ".

Athena offered him a smile and a nod before she followed him inside while Seth went off to call Jacob .

She didn't really want to talk about her mother . Or her father . Or anything related to her life in general . But she knew that, that was inevitable . Billy might ask a lot of questions that she would have to answer and she was told to respect elders even though she'd been disrespectful by running away from home .

" Take a seat ", Billy said once they've reached the small kitchen of the house . Every room they'd passed was small . Even the living room .

For some reason it reminded her of Hagrid's cottage ,minus the bed in the kitchen of course.