C20

Athena hated the fact that the holidays went by so quickly .

She hated the fact that she had to leave with the Weasleys the day after new year's day .

She hated that she won't be able to come back until Summer. Well, if she was actually allowed to .

Her last day was spent with her Uncle Harry on the couch watching some movies that revolved around new year's day .

Her friends had gone sledding with Seth and she just couldn't be bothered to go too. Unlike Christmas day ,they didn't have such a big lunch .

They would have a great dinner and unfortunately those from the UK won't be able to stay up until late like they did the previous night to wish everyone a happy new year .

They were going to leave too early in the morning for that . They  were going to leave before dawn even .

She doesn't want to go back just like the previous visit . If she could stay , she'd be over the moon.

She sighed softly. Just thinking about it made her want to hide and wait till the Weasleys left and then come out .

Trouble was , they'd be looking for her and they'll sure as Merlin find her .

" That's a deep sigh , Athena ," her Uncle commented ," Care to share what's wrong?".

She shook her head. " No , I'm fine ,Uncle ."

She doesn't want to worry him . He'd been looking a bit ill today .
She wondered why .

" Athena, you can talk to me about anything you like . I won't judge ", he said ," I'm still your Uncle and I want to help you ".

She sighed again." I know ,Uncle . I appreciate that . But I you can't do anything about it . I have to go back to that school because I'm not seventeen and I'm not off age yet to just leave ."

He nodded . " I see. But aren't there a way that you could learn through correspondence or maybe transfer to another school?".

She shrugged ." There's Ilvermorny ,Uncle . But I don't think that Professor Dumbledore would let me transfer to it . "

He nodded again , placing an arm around her . " I'll write to him . I'm your legal Guardian after all . Remus brought me the papers . I'm allowed to decide about what's best for you ".

Her eyes widened. Remus hadn't told her that he brought her Uncle any documents.

" So Uncle Ted isn't my _"

" Not anymore . Because I'm your Godfather as well, it had been decided by Ted and Andromeda that I'll take up Guardianship of you ".

" Then Dumbledore has no say ?".

" No . Not really ."

She smiled at that . Oh, she was so happy that she wanted to scream .

" I want to stay then and if I can get a transfer to Ilvermorny ,then can I come stay here ?".

He smiled ,hugging her tightly against his side ." Of course . I'll write to your Uncle Ted about it . He can help me get you transfered . He also went to your Wizarding  bank and got back everything that wasn't allowed to be taken away without your or my written permission . Even someone called Kreacher ,whoever that is . I think he was furious about you losing some of your inheritance because of your Headmaster's meddling ways . Everything that was due to you are now yours again . Even the Kreacher fellow . Harry Potter only got what was due to him transfered to his bank account . I have documentation that he signed on your behalf . When you get off age , you'll have to sign another document  ".