"Sure, let's go, that sounds fun!"

She and Percy boarded Electric Hearts which was supposed to accelerate your heartbeat, pump you with adrenaline, and make you feel alive. They got strapped in and Annabeth's breath became shaky; she closed her eyes as they quickly ascended, her heart accelerating, and she began screaming when they hit the drop. Her breath slowed down as Percy grasped her hand and only opened her eyes when the ride slowed down.

They quickly left Electric Hearts, holding hands, and their face flushed from the ride.

"Huh, I guess they weren't lying when they said it would accelerate your heartbeat," laughed Percy, "How about we go on someone more relaxing? Tea cups?"

"Yes, please," she chuckled.

When the tea cups started spinning faster and faster, Annabeth laughed as Percy clung to her and buried his face into her shoulder: his messy jet-black hair tickled her jaw and she breathed the aroma of his lavender shampoo.

"You're so adorable!" she chuckled at Percy when it was over, "You were clinging to me during the entire time! How cute!"

Percy cheekily smiled, "C'mon! We have many more rides to ride!"

In the next hour, they rode on the ferris wheel, the carousel, bumper cars, and anything in sight. They then agreed it was time to eat; their ears buzzed from the chatter, cries, and squeals around them as they ordered their food from Ruby's.

When they finished eating, Annabeth reapplied a fresh coat of her strawberry flavored lip gloss and they went to play the carnival games.

The wind blew past and she shivered, sheepishly admitting to Percy she was cold. Annabeth's eyes then widened as he took off his hoodie, revealing a white tee underneath, and handed it to her. After reassuring her multiple times, she slipped on it.

"You look cute in my hoodie," Percy tucked a strand of hair behind her ears and she blushed.

Annabeth beamed and squealed in excitement when Percy won her the teddy bear and she hugged him, thanking him.

"Your smile is really pretty," he said softly.

Annabeth laughed though her cheeks flush, "You're such a flirt, you know that, Percy?"

"I'm not flirting with you, Annabeth," his voice was genuine, "You have a pretty smile and it makes me happy every time I see you, I see it...I just want to you to know that."

Annabeth blushed, "Do you know why you always can see my smile when you see me?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Because of you," Percy smiled and blushed at her response, "You make me very happy and you should know that, Percy."

Every time Annabeth was with Percy, she was falling quicker and deeper in love with him. It was scary—falling in love—but Annabeth was willing to risk her heart for Percy. She trusted that he wouldn't hurt her.

"You said earlier that you wanted to get some cotton candy, right? Let's do that?"

"Sounds good," he nodded.

While Percy got blue raspberry cotton candy, she got pina colada cotton candy which they were kinda skeptical that it would taste good.

"It's very good!" Annabeth nodded after tasting it, "Do you want some? It's very sweet, but it could be sweeter, I want something sweeter."

"Sure—"

Warmth spread throughout her body and the only thing she could focus about was his soft lips, not even the fussy kids and noisy crowds could snap her out of heaven. Percy's lips were cotton candy—even better, softer, and sweeter than the fluffy confection he had just ate and Annabeth swore it was best thing she tasted ever. When they pulled away, they both were breathless and a blushing messes in the midst of a large crowd with her smudged lipstick and the lipstick stain on his skin.

Though Annabeth has kissed multiple boys and girls, she loves kissing Percy. His soft lips always made her feel like she was heaven and left her craving for more til she felt numbed and dumb.

"That is something sweeter," smirked Annabeth, alluding to her comment earlier.

Percy smiled with a blush, "We have to go home soon, but I have one more thing to show you."

"Oh? Which is?"

"C'mon, let's get out here," he winked.

With the pink teddy bear in her arm, Percy led Annabeth to the beach and they walked along the boardwalk with their hands intertwined. Her eyes trailed from the peach color sunset to her boyfriend.

He was gorgeous. So gorgeous. The world took their time sculpting his perfect features and making him everyone's dream boy. But he was hers. No one else's.

His sea-green eyes glistened when they met hers and they stopped walking. A soft smile formed on his face and he caressed her cheeks, causing her heart to flutter.

Though none of them spoke a word, anyone walking past could tell that they were in love. Annabeth Chase was in love with Percy Jackson.

[originally published on 11/03/20 && formerly tilted as rumors, rumors, rumors — now named after my favorite 17 album (you made my day) !!! as right of 08/07/23, miss americana & the heartbreak price is drafted :(( but thank you for the support for the book! i also can't believe i put my thoughts about the 2020 election in the a/n lmaoo—]

[11/03/20] author's note! aHA-I'm currently stressing like crazy, all thanks to America. The only reason I'm posting this chapter earlier so in the future-if I ever look back on this book-I'll be like, "hey when I wrote this chapter, I was on the edge of crying about the election!!" 🙃 Despite the stress that I'm going through right now and probably forever depending on who wins-I have to things I wanted to say! First of all, I just want to let anyone know that I'm going this thing where I'm putting my reader into the False God universe as background characters! All you have to do is to scrolled down to my announcement where I mention this-it won't be that long, just four announcements down! You obviously don't have to do it but I would love it if you did!! Second of all, i published another book-Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince! I would be grateful if you check it out! <33 Stay safe and I love you guys! Much love, Lucinda!! 💙