Chapter 7

-

By now everybody was done with their food and Alfred went to collect the plates. Damian, cass, duke, steph and Jason got a head start and headed down to the batcave. Once the rest of them got there, the 5 of them were already suited up. Cassandra sped out of the cave on her bike, Stephanie revved her bike and gave Tim a quick kiss before following her.

The other bat kids started suiting up along with the avengers. Then it popped into Tony's mind again. Why did he kids laugh whenever they said they were called the avengers. Tony decided there was only one way to really know, so he walked up to nightwing as he was grabbing his ecrisma sticks. "Hey, dick?"

Nightwing whipped around and nearly zapped tony. He relaxed when it was just him. "Sorry, yeah!"

"Why did you guys laugh a bit when we said we were called the avengers?" Dick chuckled and Barbara started giggling. "It's not that we think the name is stupid, don't worry!" She called out from across the platform.

"It's just that Bruce has is all about 'justice, not revenge' so it was funny to see him tense when he heard you guys says Avengers." A chuckled a bit once more before turning away to adjust his mask.

-

Clint was checking his arrows once more before putting them in his quiver, until somebody snatched his one of his arrows. "What the f-Ck is this?" Clint looked up to see Jason examining his arrow. "What?"

"These arrows are so weak, like do you ever have tar arrows?" Jason complained. Clint was confused but then he thought about it, tar arrows would be good to capture an enemy in. "I never thought about using them until now." He replied.

"What material is this? Carbon? Pff" Jason tossed the arrow back to Clint before talking once more. "I know a guy who can hook you up with some better arrows." Then he walked away, leaving Clint confused on how he knew so much about arrows.

He turned his attention towards a roar of another bike. The signal was heading out for his patrol.

-

Steve finally found his shield and was about to turn to regroup with the other when he was stopped by a short figure. Steve recognized the hooded yellow and black cape, robin. Wait isn't he suppose to be in civvies for a meeting ?

"Are you really a super soldier?" Damian asked, wanting to know more about his 'enemy'.

Steve was a bit taken back by this question, "Er- yea. Yes I am."

"So I'm guessing you have enchaned strength, speed, and agility?"

Steve nodded and Damian tutted, with a blink of an eye he was gone. Steve was a bit frightened and wondered where the hell that shortstack went. He tried to shrug it off but as he was walking towards the group he couldn't help but feel as if somebody was watching him.

-

"Ok is everybody ready?" Dick asked the remaining people. With nods and yes' he walked over to the short high tech tunnel thing the avengers saw yesterday and typed into a computer. He motioned for everybody to come over. "Ok so this here is a zeta tube."

"A what?" Natasha asked.

Dick sighed, " a teleporter, we call them zeta tubes."

A few awes escaped the avengers mouths, "how about we split you up?" Dick didn't wait for an answer, " Ok, buddy up with someone." Jason automatically took clints and thors arms and dragged them with him to the zeta tube.

Nightwing took tony and Steve. Babs took Natasha, Tim took Bruce B and Peter while robin stayed behind to train. 

-