ᖴIᖴTᗴᗴᑎ

Smell of paint, coffee and hearts in love

"Is he really right for you?" Hongjoong asked his younger friend while they had their coffee in his art studio.

"Yes hyung, we've already talked about it. I don't have a problem with him keeping his job, as long as he starts to love me, no other person would matter to him." San spoke with perhaps too much enthusiasm.

The artist sighed. "Do whatever you think is right." He sipped his coffee.

"What about you and the bartender?"

The question alone made Hongjoong smile sheepishly and almost turn pink. "We're doing well, I want to take him out on more dates and get to know him better...that first night we spent in my bedroom means nothing compared to how I feel about him now after going on two proper dates."

San smiled, maybe Hongjoong will be lucky with love this time.

—————————

San and Wooyoung's second date went as smoothly as their first. Everything went well until San brought up Ray's job again.

"So...how many customers do you get a night?"

Wooyoung shrugged. "Depends..."
He sipped his drink. "You still want me to stop."

San sighed. "I was just wondering..." he looked around him and saw two men pointing at his date and whispering things. He didn't like it.

Nor did Wooyoung.

"I told you we should go out somewhere far." Wooyoung huffed.

"Do you know them?" San knew the answer, but asked anyway.

"They're regulars." Wooyoung tapped his fingers on the table. "Can we leave?"

San nodded. "Sure."

They got up and left the place in a hurry to San's car.

"Do you see why I can't work anywhere? Wooyoung crossed his arms over his chest.

"Is this going to keep happening?"

Wooyoung's heart dropped at the question. "Probably...if we go out around the area."

"You know how small the city is, how far can we go?" San argued, noticeably upset.

"I don't know...as far as we can.." Wooyoung sighed, feeling guilty for ruining their date.

"But if you just quit, nobody would dare say a word about you."

"I'll always be known as Ray, people have only associated me with sex and their sexual fantasies coming to life." Wooyoung talked back, slowly getting defensive.

"How are we supposed to date if everyone looks at you like that?"

"You said you're okay with it."

"It's getting too much."

"No one has even talked to me directly."

"That's going to happen?!"

"You have no idea how I live my life and how much I have to deal with everyday, so do not say anything about it." Wooyoung looked away.

"I don't like this, just quit, it's not good anyway."

"Excuse me? Why should I quit for you? I barely even know you!" Wooyoung started raising his voice.

San's heart broke.

"Because I lov- Like you! We've gone on two dates and we've been texting and calling in between! I have the right to be jealous over you!"

Wooyoung felt like San was getting too possessive, it made him scared. "Pull over."

"What? No, Wooyoung, we need to discuss this."

"No! Stop the car!

San frowned, pulling the car. "What's wrong?"

"Don't you try to control me! This is my life and my choice, you don't own me!"

"Calm down, I'm not trying to control you..." San reached to hold his hand, but Wooyoung yanked it away.

"You alway bring it up, and I'm telling you I can't get another job."

San hated to say it, but seeing Wooyoung mad at him made him ready to give up on anything. "Okay, don't quit. I won't bring it up again, I'm sorry."

"No, it's stupid. You're just like everyone else! You only run after me for my body!"

That part made San angry.

"Why are you saying that?! You know that's not what I'm after! I have feelings for you, so I get jealous!"

"Then don't let your feelings affect me, I'm free to do whatever I want with my body." Wooyoung then glared at San. "We can't keep going."

San panicked. "No...please don't, I'm sorry, I won't bring it up again."

"You always say that, then bring it up again. I'm tired of it! And you know what? I slept with your friends again!!"

San's eyes widened. "Wh-what..?"

Wooyoung looked into San's hurt eyes, guilt growing inside him. He unbuckled the seatbelt and quickly left the car.

San took a moment to breathe before running after him. "Wait! Wooyoung!"

But Wooyoung only went faster.

"Wooyoung, please! Let's talk!" San ran as fast as he could to catch up, and finally he did, grabbing Wooyoung's hand. "Listen to me!"
He turned Wooyoung to face him, but was surprised to see tears running down his cheeks.

"I'm not dirty!!" Wooyoung sobbed.

San stared at the other for a moment.
"Wooyoung..."

"I'm not...I'm not dirty..." Wooyoung's voice broke and he hiccuped.

San pulled him close against his chest quietly.

"I'm not dirty... I just...I need money...and your friends...they..." Wooyoung cried harder against San's chest.
"I'm a worthless slut...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry.."

San gently hugged him tightly and rubbed his back. "You're not dirty..."

Only now it hit him that Wooyoung was just feeling guilty about knowingly sleeping with his friends, which is why he's been on edge.

Wooyoung clutched San's shirt, as if scared to let go. "Please don't leave me...please..."

San clenched his jaw, slowly pulling back. "I'm sorry...we can't continue like this..."

His heart ached to say it, but he knew it was for the best. If Wooyoung slept with his friends for money while they're dating, he could never feel comfortable about it.

Wooyoung sobbed. "Please..."

San shook his head and turned around, walking away to his car.

Wooyoung's watched him go with wide eyes.

There goes his last ray of love

His only hope of ever being loved.

He felt so much anger and frustration.

"Fuck you!!" He screamed at the other. "You think I fucking care if you leave?! Think again!"

San didn't look back, he was too heartbroken.

He thought he had finally found love and started believing in it. But it was so much more painful than being alone.

And now he even lost his friends...

"What have you done to my life...Ray..."