"Now open it,"

She did as she was told and it was a scarf that matched the coat, along with a pair of fur-lined gloves. "They're beautiful, Dale. Thank you," She said and this time he handed her another box, it was longer than the others.

She went to say something, but Dale shot her a look that told her to just take it.

"The boots!" She gushed as she gazed at the pretty black knee-high boots. "Thanks!"

Dale just watched her with an adoring gaze and then handed her another box.

The box was small, but still as neatly wrapped as the others. "Dale," Eleanor shook her head and handed the gift to Dale. "I can't accept this," She said, but Dale pushed it back towards her.

"I don't wear women's perfume, I got it for you."

It was Chanel No. 5 perfume. "You really didn't have to get me all of this," She explained, but it went in one of Dale's ears and out the other.

He handed her three more boxes, which turned out to be an evening gown, a pair of pretty heels, and lastly a camera.

"Dale, thank you so much for the gifts! I love every one of them," Eleanor said after opening all of her gifts, but Dale had one more for her.

It was a very small box.

She opened it, but it confused her. "I was in the Navy, those are my dog tags." He explained.

Eleanor shook her hand and handed the box back to Dale. "I really can't take those," She said and Dale took the box and put the dog tags around her neck.

As they both stood, Dale made sure the tags were fastened around her neck, and Eleanor felt special. Dale went above and beyond her expectations.

"I will cherish the-" She turned around and her mouth dropped along with her heart.

Dale was on one knee with the same box, but this time it contained a ring.

Eleanor's eyes became blurry with tears. She didn't know what to think, but God knew that she was surely surprised.

"I'm not the most romantic man. I'm not very nice. I'm not soft-hearted, but I love you." Dale declared.

"I want to marry you and keep making you happy. I want to wake up next to you. I want to learn more about you every day. I want to serve God with you. I want to love you through your stubbornness and your sassy mouth. I promise to love you like Jesus loves His bride." He said lovingly, making tears fall from Eleanor's eyes.

"Will you marry me?" He asked hopefully.

Eleanor never thought that Dale was the marrying kind. She just knew that he loved her, but she never expected him to want to marry her. Though they started rocky, Dale was the kind of man she always dreamed of marrying. He exceeded her expectations in every way.

So she said yes. She couldn't say anything else, but yes.

"Thank you," He whispered in her ear after sliding the ring onto her finger.

Eleanor only nodded her head and let Dale kiss her.

She was in shock. Dale chose her and now she was going to be Eleanor Curtis. She couldn't believe it.

As Dale pulled her into his lap, all she felt was a sense of overwhelming peace. She knew that she had made the right decision.

"My parents are going to be so upset," Eleanor said after a while. She was snuggled in Dale's comfortable, yet hairy arms, but there was no place she'd rather be.