Part 2

Mega's Pov

What the heck?! I sat there and looked at the cause of all my confusion, a pale pink string. I could tell that it was meant to be red and I could tell that it was going to be my life's end. I hated the soulmate system, it was the cause of all the grief in my life. Hana, Ivy, mom, dad, and so many more are gone because of dumb soulmates.

"Mega, it's time for dinner!" yelled my older sister, Sakura, waking me up from his daydream. I walked to the kitchen where she and her soulmate, Alex, were waiting. They had smirks on their faces like they knew something I didn't.

"What are you looking at?," I signed to her. I was mute, so I was forced to communicate with a board or sign language. Sakura laughed a little more and asked me what I was thinking about.

I looked away for a second then signed, "my soulmate is eighteen, I saw the red string while I was working on InvadedLands."

"I knew it, you were blushing!" She yelled, "you are finally going to have a special person and won't be so lonely anymore." Alex wasn't looking so excited, his face was grim and tears were slowly coming out of his eyes. He knows the truth doesn't he.

I stepped behind Sakura so she would be unable to see me and I silently signed to Alex. "You know, don't you." I signed to Alex, "I thought I was going to live until I was twenty but I guess the world isn't always perfect." As I was signing Alex was nodding and wiping tears from his eyes. I feel so bad for Alex and Sakura, she is going to be depressed and I won't be able to do anything about it. I felt wet bubbles of water come down my face, I wasn't usually the type to cry, but just thinking about how my sister and her soulmate would react was something that brought tears to my eyes.

"Alex and Mega, why are you crying?" Sakura had turned around and seen me and Alex bawling our eyes out.

Alex responded, "Sakura, Mega can't tell his soulmate that he loves them because he's mute." He paused then continued, "he won't make it to the age of twenty." Sakura collapsed on the floor and Alex carried her to her room. My path is set in stone, there's no point in continuing. While Alex and Sakura were gone I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife then ran to my room before they came back.