Part 1

Zelk's Pov

September 27th wasn't just a normal day to me.

Beyond just simply being World Tourism Day, September 27th, 1999 was also my birthday, the day that my mother brought me into the world. Which obviously meant that September 27th, 2017 was my eighteenth birthday, and that is where our story will be starting.

"G'morning mom," I said to my mother, just having stumbled out of my bedroom after brushing my teeth, changing out of my pajamas, and taking a short shower.

"Happy birthday darling!" My mother exclaimed, smiling at me and handing me a white porcelain plate with a stack of three neat heart shaped pancakes resting upon it, "I made breakfast for your birthday," she continued, pouring some warm maple syrup onto the stack.

I smiled as I took the plate into my hands, what a great way to introduce me into the worst two years of my life. I was internally confused beyond belief that my mother somehow managed to make a coherent dish, but externally I was vigorously thanking her. I supposed that she probably did it with the help of Lucas, my older brother, as it was common knowledge that she couldn't cook. My mom never cooked, we were a kind of eat out every single day family, as every single time my mother cooked, no matter how mundane the thing, the ancestral wooden manor home we lived in would groan a deep breath and prepare to die at the hands of my mother's horrendous cooking skills.

There was a smirk plainly laid upon Lucas's face as he waltzed down the stairs, confirming for me that he had helped make the pancakes. "So, Jakey boy, happy birthday," he said, patronizing me, "I hope you thanked mom for the pancakes."

Ring! An alarm went off and I rushed over to the phone the blaring sound was coming from. Laying plain on my phone was a string, a red one to be more specific, my red string to be exact. Turning off the alarm, I looked at the time on my phone, 3:07 PM, the exact minute mark that was neatly printed on my birth certificate.

I examined the string that was now loosely wrapped around my wrist. I examined the red rope, glancing around my whole wrist at the smoothly melded together string that somehow also extended out somewhere into the world.

Bing! My phone went off while I looked at the rope. It was Zak, better known as Skeppy, and his totally super amazing spelling congratulating me on turning 18.

Skeppy (Diamond Guy)

Hsppy Biethdau Zelk

Me

Thanks

Skeppy (Diamond Guy)

Qre yiu on InvadadLamds?

Me

Guess

Skeppy (Diamond Guy)

Nevrermind, yiou see yiur res tring yet"

Me

What did you say?

Skeppy (Diamond Guy)

I askked if ypu ha seen yo red strin g yet

Me

I gtg

Ttyl

Bye

Skeppy (Diamond Guy)

Bue

Igurss

I couldn't believe Zak. Maybe he should just use spell check, scratch that, last time he had used that, it just created random words, making odd sentences that made less sense even than his normal texts. I wondered how my soulmate was feeling, they were likely older than me as my string had appeared exactly on my birthday, so they would've just experienced it too. Little did I know, my soulmate was less than ecstatic to have received the string.

A/N First time editing since February 22, 2021.