Prologue

? POV
I ran as fast as the wind, my eyes blinded but the colours of red, orange and yellow. The burns seeped deeply into my arms. I heard a loud roar behind me that spurred me to go faster. The night was also pierced with the sounds of screams and cries for help. But there was nothing I could do. Soon I was running faster than I ever have before. It wasn't long before I was out of sight of my attacker. My legs collapsed to the ground. The cry from the bundle at my chest made me continue forth.
My body was about to give and I wasn't able to keep my head up. I was sure i was about to die. I managed to reach a small place that I've never heard of before. I read the sign post at the front of the village. It read The Shire. I limped through the village to see if their was a place I could stop to rest. But the roar that is haunting me returned. I sprin to the nearest place I saw with its lights on. I didn't have time to stop. I scribbled a note and placed it at the door. I opened my little bundle and looked down at my daughter. I kissed her softly on the forehead. I don't want to give her up. But if I kept her she would surely be killed. I layed her down at the door and knocked. But I ran off before whoever lived at the burrow answered. This would be the last time I ever saw my daughter.

Bilbos POV

My night was peaceful before a loud knock came at my door. I careful wandered to the door and opened it. "Hello?" No one answered. I heard a cry from below me. To my shock there was a baby. I picked it up. "Hello?!" Again, no reply. I didn't want this baby to freeze to death. I saw she had a note tucked into the wrapping.

"To whomever this may concern,
I am leaving you with the care of my daughter. I'm sorry I couldn't keep her but I am being hunted down. Her name is Alfirineth. Please take care of her.
From
But the writing stopped. I had one last look before I returned inside with a new addition to my family.