Chapter 14: Goblins and Sneaky Little Hobbitses

Ulaalsias POV

"Bring up the mangler. Bring up the bonebreaker. Start with the youngest." The goblin king pointed directly at me. Thorin suddenly grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly.
"Wait!" The goblin turned to look at him and he grinned widely.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is. Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror...King Under the Mountain. Oh, but I'm forgetting. You don't have a mountain. And you're not a king...which makes you nobody, really." Thorin stared at the floor.

"Hey!" I shouted pushing myself forward through goblins and members of the company! He's more of a king than you'll ever be! He's our king!" I heard everyone cheering behind me. I turned and smiled at Thorin. Suddenly I felt a foot squash me to the floor. "You're just an insignificant girl. You don't know anything." I heard a large crack coming from her floorboards beneath me. He continued to soak to Thorin who looked red in the face.

" I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just a head. Nothing attached. Perhaps you Know of whom I speak. An old enemy of yours. A pale Orc, astride a white Warg."

"Azog the Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago." Thorin shouted. The goblin laughed at him.

"So you think his defiling days are done, do you? Send word to the pale Orc. Tell him I have found his prize." He spoke to a smaller goblin who swung away on ropes. I can feel the blood pouring out of my wounds from the Orc attack, dripping through the floorboards. I heard the goblin laugh before I finally closed my eyes.

Bilbos POV

"Yes. Yes. Yes! Gollum, gollum!" I heard a raspy voice echoing around the cave. Suddenly a scream made me sit up straight.
"Aah! Nasty Goblinses! Better than old bones, precious.Better than nothing.Too many boneses, precious. Not enough flesh! Shut up! Cut its skin off. Start with its head." It smashed a goblins face in with a rock and dragged to a large pool of water. It had long spindly arms and legs and walked like some kind of underdeveloped hobbit.
"The cold hard lands. They bites our hands. They gnaws our feet. The rocks and stones They're like old bones. All bare of meat. Cold as death. Without no breath. It's good to eat."

Suddenly a large rock that was at my feet fell into the water. I ducked behind a large rock, hopefully hiding from the creature. Suddenly out of nowhere the creature jumped in front of me.
"Bless us and splash us, precious. That's a meaty mouthful. Gollum, gollum! Aah." It ran forward and tried to attack me. But I quickly grabbed my sword and it slowly backed away.
" Back. Stay back. I'm warning you, don't come any closer." He studied my blade for a few moment.
"It's got an Elfish blade. But it's not an Elfs. Not an Elfs, no. What is it, precious? What is it?"

"My name is Bilbo Baggins." He walked towards me but I kept swinging my sword.
Bagginses?

"What is a Bagginses, precious?"

"I'm a Hobbit from the Shire." His eyes went wider in wonder at me. He licked his lips appreciatively.

"Oh.We like Goblinses, batses and fishes. But we hasn't tried Hobbitses before. Is it soft? Is it juicy?" He jumped towards me with a rock but I dodged him and pressed myself against the wall.
"Now, now, keep your distance! I'll use this if I have to. I don't want any trouble,
do you understand? Just show me the way to get out of here and I'll be on my way." It looked confused at me.

"Why? Is it lost?"

"Yes. Yes, and I want to get unlost as soon as possible." He smiled and jumped up and down.

"Ooh, we knows! We knows safe paths for Hobbitses. Safe paths in the dark. Shut up!" It growled hiding behind a rock from my view.

"I didn't say anything."

"We wasn't talking to you. Oh, yes, we was, precious. We was." He continued muttering to himself behind this rock. I have to figure out a way to get him to help me.

"Look, I don't know what your game is, but I..." His head popped up and he started smiling.

"Games?! Oh, we love games, doesn't we, precious? Does it like games? Does it, does it? Does it like to play?" He came close to me, bouncing up and down happily.

"Maybe."

"What has roots as nobody sees? Is taller than trees? Up, up, up it goes And yet, never grows" I remembered the answer instantly.

"The mountain."

'"Yes, yes.Oh, let's have another one, eh? Yes! Do it again, do it again. Ask us. No! No more riddles.Finish him off. Finish him now! Gollum, gollum!" He screamed at me, teeth bared.

"No! No. No. No. I want to play. I do. I want to play. I can see....you are very good at this. So why don't we... have a game of riddles? Yes? Just you and me." He crawled closer to me.

"Yes. Yes, just us."

"Yes. Yes. And if I win...you show me the way out. Yes?" Gollum hid himself behind a rock a started whispering to himself.

"Yes. Yes. And if it loses? What then?Well, if it loses, precious, then we eats it! If Baggins loses, we eats it whole." I nodded at him.

"Fair enough."

Ulaalsias PoV

"Bones will be shattered, Necks will be wrung, You'll be beaten and battered, From racks you'll be hung, You will die down here, And never he found , Down in the deep of Goblin-town!!!" The goblin king started singing. I looked down at my legs which were bleeding again. He ordered goblins to search everyone for weapons. Suddenly all the goblins started hissing and screaming at one particular sword. The great goblin retreated into his 'throne' and cowered.

"I know that sword! It is the Goblin-cleaver! The Biter! The blade that sliced 1000 necks! Slash them! Beat them! Kill them!Kill them all! Cut off his head!" Thorin grabbed his sword and shouted at the company.
"Take up arms. Fight. Fight!" All the golins started running towards them, hands scratching me with their long fingernails. Suddenly everybody was knocked back from a bright light, so bright everybody was blinded momentarily. When my vision turned I saw a tall figure wearing grey robes and a large grey hat.
"Gandalf!!" Kili yelled and everybdy started to cheer.
"He wields the Foehammer! The Beater! Bright as daylight!" Everybdy started running towards me.

"Thorin!" I shout-whispered to him. He ran over to me seeing the cuts on my legs. "Can you stand?" He picked me up and I tried to walk. The pain was unbearable but I knew that I would have to run for my life anyhow.i nodded to him. He grabbed my hand and dragged me.
"Follow me. Quick!" Gandalf yelled in us. Thorin looked straight at me, his eyes looking scared and worried.
"Run!"