Chapter 12: What do i call it?

Ulaalsias POV
I woke on my bed feeling very light headed and tired. I stood up and peered at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red from crying and my hair was a tangled mess. I grabbed a comb from my dress and started combing my hair to make me look presentable. All I remember was Thorin coming into my room and calming me down. When I felt I looked presentable I left my room to explore Rivendell. I walked along the corridors, gazing at the artwork along the walls and seeing elves playing musical instruments and practicing with swords and bows and arrows. I watched them train and they were very elegant in the way they fight.

"Very graceful aren't they?" I jumped as Lindir had appeared from nowhere and had been standing behind me without telling me. I nodded at him. "Yes they are. Their movements are so fluent and graceful." He looked down at me and smiled. "I can teach you if you want." I stared at him with excitement. "Would you do that?" He nodded at me. "Yes. You are very dainty and it would be a shame if Oakenshield lost his burglar. "Do you have a weapon of any kind?" As he I thought of the sword that I had found in the troll hoard. "Yes I do. I'll be right back." I ran all the way to my room and picked up the sword and the scabbard. By the time I came back Lindir was swinging around a sword practicing a variety of moves. He looked at me and smiled. "Are you ready?" I nodded. "Then let's begin."

Later

After two hours I am finally getting the hang of this. Lindir taught me how to dodge and weave and how to block attacks. He swung his sword around, looking very impressed at me. "For a small girl you are incredibly agile. And your attacks are very strong." I chuckled at him. "Why thank you. I never I was going to beat someone twice my height." He put the sword back on the rack before turning and seeing my sword. He stared at it, his mouth open as if he were to say something. But no words came out. "Can I see your sword?" I handed it over to him and he handled it ever so gently as if it was the finest silk.

"Is something wrong?" He shook his head at me. "This my dear girl is a very special sword." I stared at the sword in his hands and thought of many ways why I could be special. But none spring into mind. "But how?"
"This sword is made of a very special breed of dragon. I need to look at it in closer detail to make sure I am right." He speed walked to a huge library that was in the centre of Rivendell. I ran to keep up with him as he has very long legs. He found a very old book that clearly hadn't been read for years.
After hours of flicking through the book he found the correct page.
"So?" I questioned him.

"I was right. This sword was made many years ago by a group of noble dragon slayers. They were said to have killed many dragons and made armour from dragons scales as they were tough and hard to break. But this sword must have been one of their final swords before the slayers died out. This sword is recently made as the blade is new and polished. (A/n the sword handle is made from the scale of Smaug so it was made recently.) the blade is also special as it is made from dragon claw. These swords are incredibly rare to come by Miss Baggins. I would take great care of it if I were you."
He handed me back the sword before putting the book back on the shelf.
I stared at my sword in wonder. I decided I was going to give a name there and then so if I have any children they would know what to call it.
"Um...Mr Lindir sir?" He looked back at me as he was leaving. "Yes?"

"What is the elvish word for dragon claw?"

"That would be Amlugamp Miss Baggins." And he left the room without another word.

'Amlugamp. What a great name!' I thought to myself as I skipped back to my room.

Authors note
The picture above it what Ulaalsias sword would look like 😊😊