Chapter 26: What Do I Do?

Bilbos POV

"Arkenstone. A large, white jewel. Very helpful." I started to take through the piles of gold, jewels and gems. I walked along the vast amount, the coins sliding down behind me. I suddenly felt everything move beneath me, the ground shaking violently. Out of nowhere a huge yellow eye and red scaly skin appeared behind me. I quickly slipped on the ring and hid behind a large green pillar.

"Well...thief." A deep voice echoed through the empty room. Out of nowhere a humongous dragon slithered round appearing into view, his evil eyes swivelling round towards me.

"I smell you. I hear your breath. I feel...your air. Where are you? Where are you? Come, now...don't be shy.
Step into the light. Hmm. There is something about you. Something you...carry. Something made of gold. But far more...
...precious. Precious! Precious!" I quickly slid the ring off of my finger, coming into full view of the monstrous creature.

"There you are...Thief in the...Shadows."

Meanwhile

"What do we do!" Bofur ran around the house, grabbing bandages and medical supplies from various places. I ran my finger through my hair, the sweat dripping down my face.

"I'm going to save him." A soft voice called through the room. I turned to see a tall, red headed elf who seemed very familiar.

"Taur..." Kili whispered before doubling over in pain once more.

"I need clean bandages. And kingsfoil? Do we have any of that?" Bard nodded.

"We feed it to the pigs." Immediately I rushed down the steps of the house and grabbed the nearest pile of kingsfoil, which happened to be in the poor pigs mouth. I rushed back up the stairs to see Kili half dead across the table, his blood dripping onto the floorboards. I pushed passed people trying to reached Tauriel.
She snatched the weed out of my hand, barely saying thank you before crushing it into Kili's leg.

"Are you sure that's going to work?" Bofur called from the other side of the room. She shot a threatening look at him before pressing against the wound once more.

Bard grabbed hold of his children and dragged them out of the room leaving Tauriel, Bofur, Fili and I alone in the room.

"You need to hold him down." She spoke softly to Fili and Bofur who were pushing down on Kili's arms. She sighed deeply.

"He needs to calm down, otherwise this is not going to work." She whispered to me.
She continued chanting quietly while pushing the herbs deeper into his leg.
Kili suddenly slumped back again the table, his eyes rolling back into his head.

"Did it work?" Fili grasped hold of my hand tightly, his palms cold and clammy from worry.
Kili gasped loudly, coughing loudly until his face turned a pale shade of white.

"You're alive!" Fili ran forward, tackling his brother into a ferocious hug.

"Of course I'm alive Fi!" His gaze met Tauriels, who was washing the blood off of her hands.

"You!" She smirked at him.

"Yes it's me. Who else do you expect to save you?" He chuckled quietly.

"Thank you for saving me...." she nodded her head gently.

"You do need to keep that promise to your mother."

Out of nowhere a deep roar pierced the room, making us all cover our ears.

"What was that?" I rushed to the window to see a bright blaze of red and yellow streaks beside the house. A dark shadow glided over the town, roaring loudly scaring everyone. Bars ran back into the room, frantically grabbing items before turning to us.

"We need to leave! Right now!"

---------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! How are you all doing?

I want to deeply apologise for not writing a chapter sooner but I have had lots of important tests that I needed to study for and I had a comicon to prepare for and I have also had a bit of a writers block for this story as I've been working on my Sherlock fanfic a lot.

But I'm now on my holidays so I'll be able to write much more better chapters for you wonderful people!

Again I want to apologise for not updating sooner!

Thank you all for being so patient!

ILYASM!!💕

Until I write again 🌟