Chapter 5

Your POV

This week was insane, it was Friday, and I was nervous. It was 7am and I was to meet the girls there at 8. My mother was still sleeping, and I left her a note letting her know I where I was going. I was eating a bowl of cereal, and decided to wear a pair of plain black skinny jeans, and my brother's old lacrosse penny. I had a pair of plain black original ray bands of top of my head. When I finish my cereal I put my bowl into the dishwasher and head out.

I'm driving in my car, and following my GPS to the place Lauren gave to me. I have never been to this part of town. It was pretty nice. My phone starts ringing and I realize it's Lauren.

"Hey baby.
"Hey, are you almost here?"
"Yeah, the GPS says 3 minutes."
"Ok, we are in studio C9, and I told the front desk who you were."
"Ok see you then. I love you.
"I love you too."

I hung up the phone, and turned on the radio. It was Bo$$. I pull into the parking lot of the recording studio and park my car. I walk inside and up to the first desk.

"Hello, I'm Y/n Y/Ln and I'm here with Fifth Harmony." I tell the lady.

"Oh yes, I just need you to sign here and I need to see some form of identification." She passes me a clipboard and a pen. I sign and hand her my drivers licence. She checks it and hands it back, and points down the hall to the girls studio. I thank her and walk off, getting to the door I knock on it.

"Come in." I hear from the other side. I open the door to be met with the girls, Meghan Trainor, and Candace, who they told me about.

"Hello you must be Y/n, welcome." Candace stands up. "Today the girls we be recording Sledgehammer. Lauren wrote it, and it will all go just as usual."

I nod and sit in the chair that Candace pointed to.

"Ok Camila, you're up. Just try to do your full part, and we'll stop there, until the others finish there verses." Camila nods and walks in.

I can honestly say these were some of the most talented girls I've met. It really didn't take them that long to finish this song. It was unbelievable. And the fact that Lauren wrote that song was really hot.

I was warming up at practice, and my knee felt kinda funny. That's weird I heated before practice. Oh well, I'll see the trainer after practice.

"Ok ladies get into shooting lines! Sullivan get in goal!" Coach screams form the bench. We all get into our lines, and grab some pucks. My knee was throbbing. Oh well, I'll just practice through it.

-

"I'm sorry Y/n, but you re-tore your MCL." I could feel the tears welting in my eyes. No this isn't possible, I have the biggest game of my life in two days. My life was turning up. This can't happen, it must not happen. I wipe away my tears, and nod trying to wrap my head around it. "I'm really sorry, but here, I've written out a prescription for Psychical Therapy. Now I've called your mother, and she will be here in about 20 minutes. She already made you a surgery appointment for Sunday. Here is a knee brace, and some crutches, but I recommend you stay on your butt for a little while."

I nod, and the nurse offers to help me into my regular clothes. Once I get my sweatpants on, I put on my shirt and she hands me the knee brace, which I am all too familiar with, to put on. Once I'm all set my mother comes walks in.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. Why don't you call Lauren and we'll go home. I picked up some of your favorite ice cream." My mom walks over in my bed, and I nod. She hands me my crutches, and I get up trying not to cry because I forgot how much this hurt. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine it just really hurts." The walk to the car was awful, and I was almost crying, but I held back the tears because my mother would rush me to the hospital, and I hate hospitals. I got into the car and pulled out my phone.

"Are you gonna call Lauren?" I nod and pull out my phone. After 3 rings she answers.

"Hello?"
"Hey baby."
"Oh, hey. Shouldn't you be in practice?"
"Yeah, about that, I may have re-torn my MCL."
"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. How?"
"I really don't know, but I have surgery booked for Sunday."
"Oh, well is there anything I can do?"
"You wanna come over? My mom bought our favorite Ice cream."
"Oh yeah that'd be great. Are you going to the studio tomorrow?"
"Oh hell yeah, definitely, wouldn't miss that for the world."
"Ok, I'll see you in 15 minutes."

My mother pulls into my apartment parking lot, and I see my brothers standing outside waiting for me, probably to carry me in. My mother parks, and the boys rush over, and open the door.

"Hey little sis, sorry about your knee. May we carry you in?" Michael extends his hands to help me out.

"Shut the fuck up, and help me get out of this car." I say through my laughter. The three of them oblige, and Michael and John carry me in while Patrick grabs my bag and crutches. Once we get upstairs and they set me down on the couch, they all sit around me. This has been the first real time I've been able to talk to them considering on Thursday I had practice and I wasn't able to be home for dinner after classes.

"Sorry you guys came out here for nothing." I mumble as the boys settle in.

"No it's fine, you didn't know this was going to happen. And we haven't seen you in a while, I was happy you invited us out here." Pat says sitting down.

"I was excited you guys came." I mumble trying to reposition my knee on the foot rest. My mother brings over some ice, and I thank her. "It's so fucking annoying. I'm a freshman in college, and this was going to be the biggest game of my life, and I injured myself in practice, because I didn't stop when it hurt." I mumble, adjusting the ice on my leg.

"No it's not really your fault. It was bound to happen, the doctors told you that since it almost snapped last time, there was a very likely chance it would be pulled or torn again." John says grabbing the remote. The door opens and in walks Lauren.

"Hey babe. Hello boys and Y/Mn." Lauren says sitting on the couch next to me. She kisses me on the cheek and snuggles up to my side. "How does it feel?"

"Eh, it's ok, I can't really feel it because of the ice." I say putting my arm around her. I look up and notice my brothers looking at me like I have 3 heads. "What?"

"You and Lauren are dating? You've been in love with her since you were born, how did you hook this one?" Michael has a huge smirk across his face. I give him a death glare.

"Because I am worthy of being loved by her." All of my brothers bursted out laughing, and even Lauren was laughing. "What? I'm a great person." I try to defend myself and they all start laughing harder.

"Baby, I'm sorry but your an asshole." Lauren mumbles against my ear. I look at her appalled. She gave me an 'are you serious look'.

"Ok fine I'm an asshole."

A/n: Sorry for mistakes, I would love feedback, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed. You can also read this on 5hfanfiction.tumblr.com