p 18

Kaylan's Pov

Kaylan's Pov

August and I haven't seen much of each other since the incident at my house and us expressing our feelings and honestly im not to pressed. August has a girlfriend maybe he was jus getting it off his chest so he can move forward with her. Thats what I been telling myself lately.

Today was strictly a business day my leave of absence was completely over and for now Im still in control of my company until the judge came to a definite decision. I walked into my building greeting everyone like I usually while even getting some "glad you're back" greetings which of course put me in a better mood. Walking into my office I was greeted with balloons, teddy bears, get well soon cards from my employees which warmed my heart even more.

"Boss you have visitor by the name of Zonnique Pullins , should i let her up ?" Madi my receptionist says on my inner come. 
"Yea send her up." I directed. While waiting I managed to organize some of the gifts to make my office look more presentable. This kid intrigues me .

"WOWWWWW Miss Harris your building is so amazing

"WOWWWWW Miss Harris your building is so amazing." She said walking in.
"Why thank you designed it myself, nice hair the blue looks good on you." I said pointing out her new hair color. "Thanks . I just wanna say it's an honor to meet you." Zonnique gushes out . I chuckled. "So tell me about you. You said you're interested in engineering." I started. She took a seat and got comfortable and started speaking. "I'm actually am. I've been building things since i was 10 and seemed to be the only thing that really stuck. Math and Science also are my strongest points." she said. "Grade point average ?"
"4.0" she said proudly. "Impressive. Have you applied for colleges if so who ." i asked. "I've applied to Howard, Hampton, Clark Atlanta, Famu, Alabama State, Spelman, and even MIT." she said. Thats really impressive. "Who've said yes." "All actually, except MIT their taking longer on their decision." she stated sadly. Seems like she wants to go to MIT. MIT is a good school but as nice and a little naive she is it's be a rough 4 years for her just like it was for Tony when he went.
"Sounds like you want MIT." I said. "What ? No ! I — I just want to go to a good school that'll actually benefit me." She said. "Zonnique all the schools you named are good schools. Just because MIT is MIT doesn't mean it's better than the HBCU's you named. Being honest as a young black woman i prefer
you to go to an HBCU. If they have what you want." I said.
"Alot of us tend to think those high dollar white schools are better. And no offense Miss Pullins but you're too nice. I would really worry about you going to a PWI. Not in terms of the workload , because I believe you'll beat they ass in academia. But more on the social side is where I worry.." I said looking outside my window. I heard her sigh as if she was disappointed in something.
"Miss Harris your like the second person to tell me that outside of my high school counselor." She said sounded defeated. "And ? Im not picking up what you're putting down." I said finally sitting at my desk.
"It's just frustrating. PWI or HBCU. I just want to excel." She says. "After sitting in her with you for like an hour maybe less. I can absolutely say you'll succeed regardless of where you go. Let me say this. It doesn't matter where you go as long as they have what you need and that you are comfortable there. .... Got me." I said. She seemed more at ease when I said that. "I got you. I need to hear that." She said. "Of course. Matter of Fact consider yourself as my mentee." I said getting up .
"Boss August and Jayden are on their way up." Karin says.
I instantly rolled my eyes as i felt a headache going on.
"Wait are you serious . YOUR MY MENTOR?!?" Zonnique says. "Yes . I'll make sure my receptionists knows who you are and give you access whenever you visit. Sounds good?" I say. "Sounds awesome. omg Kaylan Harris is my mentor. The Genius Billionaire Kaylan Harris. Omg i gotta tell my friends. Bye!" she said started walking out until August and Jayden Busted in before she even got to the door.

"Bruh I swear to god you say one mo thang to me Ima beat yo ass." August yelled clearly heated. This startled Zonnique.
"HEY HEY CUT IT OUT I HAVE A CHILD IN THE ROOM." I yelled loud enough to get them to shutup.
"Zonnique my apologies go ahead and go. I will be keeping tabs on you so dont do I won't do." I said sitting at my desk again. She nodded her head and left quickly.

"Who was that ?" August asks walking toward a seat. "Just a high school student i decided to be my mentee." I said rubbing my temples. I was not expecting them today. "See told yo dumbass it'll work." August said toward Jayden. "Bruh shut the fuck up." Jayden said. "Man damn!" I said getting up walking around my desk. "Can y'all please stop arguing for 20 minutes goddamn yall giving me a headache.... Now August what was you talking about just then." I asked. "I suggested giving you a mentee to appeal to the Judge more and Tony agreed saying it worked for him." He says.

Damn this man is fine shit

Damn this man is fine shit. "T-that sounds like it could work actually. Hell if it can work for Tony it can work for us too right?" I said walking around the room. "Kay you can't be serious." Jayden asks. "What's the problem Jayden." I sighed out . He always have a problem with something.

Jayden was fine too but he always gotta find a problem with something if it's not his way

Jayden was fine too but he always gotta find a problem with something if it's not his way. "Don't you think it'll take your focus off your work you just got back to work." Jayden says . Ehhh he kinda has a point but I already told the girl Im her mentor. "You have a point but it's already in motion. I told the girl I'm her mentor." I said.
"Speaking of which . I need you to stop speaking negatively on August. If I hear or someone anyone tells me what you said to August this business relationship will be over. But I've heard the things you've said to him and they were disgusting ." I said.
"You really hon believe this no good ass nigga over me." He said
"Jayden ion repeat myself. You got the story wrong and i dont wanna hear the shit anymore . August same to you ." I said sittin at my desk.
"Man fuck this shit." He said storming out.
August looked kinda worried by what just happened.

"Look I ain mean to cause no problems i know you need him." August expresses lookin kind guilty.
"Aug im a billionaire I can get any lawyer. I just don't tolerate disrespect toward anyone, I only overlooked it because of the situation im in. I know Keshia contacted him because of familiarity. Im not pressed." I explained.
"But still what if he leak something." He questioned.
"He signed an NDA, so unless he wanna pay me or go to jail. He'll comply." I said smirking.
He just laughed and started at me . He kinda gave me butterflies until i remembered he went ghost after "confessing" his feelings and kissing me. He really got me confused, but I cant day I dont miss his presence.

"You look beautiful lady." He said sweetly.
"I know & where you been Mr.Assistant." I asked. He chuckled and tried to hide a smile.

"You act like we haven't been texting and shit. I still do my job and a good one at that." He stated. He's not wrong but i know he's been avoiding me.

"You avoiding me, but I won't push you. Your dismissed." I said getting up from my desk and walking over to my work board.
"Dismissed? You dismissing me cause you ain seen a nigga in a couple of days. Man you trippin." He said standing up.

"Trippin ? Yea ight i ain the one who confessed feelings to you then ghosted you. How the fuck you think that makes me feel." I said slightly raising my voice.
He just stood there with that stupid ass look on his face.
"Knew i should've kept this shit professional. Look i got work to do, come into work tomorrow 9 am we got a press conference at 10:30. Your free to go." I said turning my back to him.

It took a lot in me to not cry.