p 20

August's Pov

Everyone was pretty much still standing round shocked by the fight that happened. Ari was fuming .
"You really got me out here looking stupid. You out here confessing feelings and shit like you ain got me at home waiting on you. I cant believe you." She said while pacing.
"Ari——". "No you really gave this bitch the satisfaction of telling me that she can have you anytime she wants." She yelled.
I was confused Kaylan really said that ?
"Baby—-". I started and got cut off again.
"Did you fuck her ?" She asks.
"What ? No i never slept with her. I swea ." I stated.
"See now i don't believe you . What the fuck she mean she can have you." She yells again walking closer.
"We have a bond, she's my boss. I know how she operates, what makes her tick , what makes her happy. All that. She feeds me knowledge shit i dont even understand. She exposes me to more than i'll ever know. Im a nigga from New orleans experiencing me to new shit. I——"
"You love her , because she provides for you." Ari says.
"No I love her cause she sees it's more to me than just being Yungin. She see's me as August . She dont gotta do shit for me Im a hustler always have been. If she lost all that shit tomorrow ill still be riding for her , making sure she straight." I expressed.
"Goodbye August she can have yo ass." Ari says grabbing her shit and walking out.

At this point i ain even mad . I know what i did wrong and it wasnt fair to either of them. I just dont know how ima fix this.

"Aug you needed talk to Kaylan." Keshia said. Obviously upset by her two friends fighting. "Who started it ?" I simply asked. "They both was being petty. Kaylan said it ain no beef cause we ain in the same tax bracket, then she said Kaylan was jealous of Ari." Keshia said. Then Chris let out a light giggle because of what Kaylan said. I gotta admit that shit was funny.

"Kaylan acted completely out of character, she clearly didn't like ari." Keshia said.
"Baby be honest you know Ari better than any of us. She has an attitude problem and Im sure Kaylan was fed up. And considering you ain tell her Ari was gon be here." Chris said.
"But I knew she wasn't gonna show if she knew Ari was gonna be here." She said.
"Exactly you know it was tension there maybe it is because of August maybe not. But you knew is the point I'm getting at." Chris explained.
"Im sorry—-"Aht Aht not me to Kaylan. Im not upset at you. But that's your best friend Keshia." Chris finished.
"You too nigga you basically said you love her and will be down to ride for her. You need tp tell her that and apologize." I just slowly nodded my head i gotta figure out a way to fix

" I just slowly nodded my head i gotta figure out a way to fix

Kaylan's Pov Next Morning

I sat in my office trying to get my thought together for this press conference. It was something I felt like I had to do. I don't need the media assuming anything about me or my character because I'm far from weak. I've done endured way more than the human body can. I definitely wasn't in a good mood due to the events last night. I feel like Keshia knew there was tension but steady continued to try and put me and Ari in the same room. Last night i was just fed up with the unnecessary attitude. Like she got August it's no need to keep pushing it. It was now 10 o'clock 30 minutes until the press conference.

"Boss you have visitors ." Karin said. "Let em in." It was Chris, Aug, and Keshia. At this point i'm not ready for a conversation with those two . "You look amazing Sis." Keshia stated. I kept a straight face. She cleared her throat and began speaking again.
"I know you're still upset about last night. And we want to apologize for that." Keshia said.
"Look this can wait we have a press conference to do." I said walking pass them.
"Boss the conference room is ready and full." Maya said. She was another employee. "Here put these on the podium, so I can at least look like i got something to say." I said handing her some papers.
"Guys i don't know how many more apologies I can take ." I said before walking to the conference room.

As i walked into the conference room paparazzi was there and pictures started flashing wildly. Nothing i wasn't already used too. I stepped up to the podium signaling everyone i was ready to speak. Then it got quite.

"I've called this press conference to address sometimes thats been circulating. Circulating about my personal life." I looked at my papers and back at the audience.
"My attempted suicide being one of them. For one i am grateful for the people who were able to find me and get me to the hospital in time. Also a thank you to the doctor and employees at Grady Hospital. I've a rough two years mentally. There was a 3 month period in 2018 where I was not found. I was kidnapped and held hostage in a foreign government facility that tortured and experimented on me . It wasn't until the Avengers found me and rescued me where i felt safe. But after that I of course had to return to business as usual, since to you guys I am not human and don't have feelings." I said as a single tear fell down.
"I've witnessed and experienced things that would normally destroy and even kill a human being. But my mind made me keep fighting until i was home. My suicide attempt was a result of me not fully accepting what happened to me and how it changed me. It was a result of me not coming to terms with what has happened. So any other reasons for my attempt you see is simply not true. I stand before you a broken woman even after my therapy sessions and meditations telling my truth. Everything is still fresh for me im stills unboxing a lot of emotions and processing them. In due time i will become whole again, In due time. Thank you." I said stepping off the podium. There were some claps and some having questions. The hard part was over.